Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Bum Rash That Never Ends

We are on day 10 of the bum rash that never ends. Bubba still has a bad rash. He is taking oral antibiotics and has an antibiotic ointment for his bum. He is tired, cranky, and has a runny nose. I should have stayed home from church today, but forced myself to go because of ladies' camp stuff. It was a miserable morning. I was crazy busy and didn't get to worship. Bubba didn't make it through the service in the nursery. It is just too hot for words at the moment. DH's birth mother is here, which is just always weird. He really needs to have a talk with her about boundaries, but he won't.

Then Bubba fell down and bumped his head on the floor. Cupcake wouldn't come with me when it was time to go and I had to chase her. We finally got in the car, had to talk to 50 more people as we struggled out the door, and got home. Bubba went right down. I thought I would keep Cupcake up for awhile and sort laundry. She finally got so fussy I put her down too--with the lecture that goes something like this "you stay in bed and go to sleep, don't wake-up Bubba, don't empty your drawers or climb on the chest, don't turn off the fan or unplug it, don't get into your closet, and don't get the things out from under your bed." We'll see. She's 2.5 so sometimes that works and sometimes not.

I seriously want a nap. DH is on the way home with Mimi. We thought she was leaving tomorrow, but its not until Tuesday. The kids are still punishing us a bit from being away Friday and Saturday. It cost us so much to go, and to pay Mimi to come babysit, that we are already broke except for grocery money.

Wow--I guess I just felt like griping. We did experience some healing for Bubba. Last night his rash was really, really bad. But as we were praying for it we both saw it shrink by like half. It was amazing. So, hoping he is much better when he wakes up from his nap. Time to go eat lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment