Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hopeful for an amazing year

It's hard to believe it is already February. Where has January gone? My desire for 2010 was to live a healthy lifestyle, take better care of my family, and to be more appreciative of these precious people I live with. I know that I am a good mother, but there is always room for improvement. I want to be kinder, gentler, and better about putting my family first. Being a pastor's wife it is too easy to put the needs of others before your family's needs. Let's face it, sometimes circumstances dictate that. But, in general, I need to get better at saying "No" to things that are not necessary and take time and attention away from home.

I want to play with my kids more. I want to be more organized. I want my house to be clean--well, as clean as it can be with two active toddlers in it. And I want to be able to help my husband by lessoning demands on his time at home. Ultimately, I want to do things like make all our own bread. Bake the cookies that my kid's eat. And cook all of our meals at home. Living where we do eating out is very expensive. I want to save money. I want to make all the gifts I give. And I want to have a home that is always ready for visitors--or at least not an embarassment to me when someone pops over.

I want to plan fun things for my kids to do every day--outside and in the community. I want to exercise. I want to lose weight so we can try for a new baby or get on the list to adopt again. I want to get up every morning and spend time in Bible study with my husband. I want to pray as a family.

Most of all--I want to be confident in myself and my choices. The next time someone confronts me about our desire to homeschool our kids (still only 2.5 and 1.5) I want to have a rational, well thought out response. Or at least, feel secure enough in myself to not care what others think.

All of this takes time, effort, determination, and organization. It takes peace that only comes from God. So, I am hopeful that 2010 is going to be an amazing year!

3 comments:

  1. "Mommy:"

    I could help you practice what to say to these people, but then you'd lose your job in the ministry. Fair warning: your response will NEVER be rational enough or well-thought-out enough to impress some people. Might as well forget it and save yourself a lot of effort. Probably about the NICEST thing I could say to someone would be to act surprised and look around in shock and go, "I had no IDEA these were your children!" LOL

    I feel overwhelmed thinking how hard it would be to get everyone out EVERY DAY. But it is doable with two children on MOST days.

    PS I like the layout/ template. God bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooo happy you have a blog again!!! Whoo hoo!!! It's beautiful too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to ask. How did you get the 3 columns? I've been trying to do that for a long time!

    ReplyDelete