I forget to blog these days. I am busy and consumed with too many things. Planning camp, dreading meetings, changing diapers, dealing with diaper rash that never ends, chicken pox, cooking, cleaning, and just being tired in general. I still believe (hope) that my TSH must be through the roof because I feel so bad, but I am waiting until April (as scheduled) so that it will be high for sure and that the doctor will finally up my meds again. Stupid doctors, what do they know?
DH is home and I have been having one of those weekends. He seems so disconnected since he was away at school. He is tired and consumed with school and church. The house has been a mess since he got home. He just creates whirlwinds of mess wherever he goes, like Pigpen from The Peanuts. But we love him and we are glad he is home.
I was feeling a bit aggravated about the mess and the toys and the chicken pox today, until I remembered my friend Emika who lost her precious son (only child) last November. Emika barely survived that car crash herself, but she is walking again and she will be back to health before we know it. It breaks my heart every time I think of her and her husband. How sad would my life be without toys to step on, bottles to make, and chicken pox to look after. I try not to complain.
Really good news came on Friday--the lady we have been praying for who is pregnant, but they had given her a horrible prognosis. Things are better. Her baby was having kidney problems. They had to drain urine from her womb. They told her the baby wouldn't grow, wouldn't develop lungs or a heart. They (including our parish nurse) told her to abort the baby. But she chose in stead to pray for a miracle. And so have we. Well, she is growing! The baby appears to be growing. She can feel him hiccup, so he must be developing lungs! So she is going in for a scan next week. They expect to see development now. Isn't that amazing?!
Planning to spend some more time appreciating my life and all of the blessings I have. I think I just need to spend a day in bed. I wonder if I can do that tomorrow without DH letting the kids destroy the house. Oh well, I guess if they do--I can just clean it up on Tuesday.
So is it chicken pox for sure? That would be great to get it done and over with... I don't believe in those shots. Almost no one dies of chicken pox! I should have to rethink that position as the littler kids (who have not had the shots) become teens. It is more dangerous to get it when you're older.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the whirlwind of mess! Sometimes I just leave it until the workweek starts and hope no one comes by over the weekend. It's not worth my sanity, constantly picking up junk and getting mad.