Sunday, April 18, 2010

Almost Done

It's 10 am on Sunday morning and I am almost done with my cleaning. I have done the bathrooms. Not the deep scrub I wanted to do with shiny glass doors, but everything has been cleaned and mopped. I have cleaned our room. Washed all the walls--little finger prints, apple juice, and various crayon marks are all gone. The garage/play room/Granny's room is all done. The laundry is all washed and put away. The only thing I have left to do is the kitchen--just a last wipe down and mop as we leave the house today.

We rented a Rug Doctor machine last night to the tune of $50 plus the cleaning solution. I shampooed the living room rug. This morning it is almost dry, but the spots are still there. Sad. I was shocked at how much it cost and how totally ineffective it was. I could have hired a professional to do a steam clean of that rug for less than $50. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I will.

The kids and I stayed home from church today, which means no meeting for me and no luncheon. That's the good part. The bad part is we all have colds. Cupcake has been running a fever, which is always a worry for me. I don't need a febrile convulsion to happen just as Granny is coming. That always means a night in the hospital. So, we are alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every two hours. She is better than she was yesterday. She was only up once last night, as opposed to the four times she was up Friday night.

It's a beautiful sunny, cool day here. I hope the weather holds up this week. We have so much to do. Just found a bunch of Pumpkin Patch coupons I have. If I spend $250 I save $125. That is pretty amazing. Feeling a shopping trip coming on this week. Maybe I can buy the kids come clothes for Christmas or birthdays. The summer stuff will be on clearance. I wish I knew when or if we had another Bub coming I would buy some newborn stuff.

Anyway--on to other things. I have to get finished. Just enjoying a lovely Rose apple and some Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light from my friend Mrs. C. My diet has gone amazingly well this week. I have lost 1.8 kg (4 lbs) so far. Official weigh-in is tomorrow. I have just been eating slightly less this week, no junk food, and keeping busy everyday. I feel better already (minus the head cold).

Happy Sunday everyone! (Pictures later)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for WI tomorrow....it will be a good one

    As for the newborn clothes...do what I do....buy one thing for either sex and have it as a faith outfit ...knowing you will use it.

    ReplyDelete