Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday

After a long night, Cupcake was up 4 times, but Bubba finally slept the whole night--the kids let us sleep-in this morning. It was almost 8 am. That is unheard of in our house. Throws my schedule off a bit, but not too badly. It's now 11:24 am and they are snug in their nap time beds.

So far this morning I have finished the guest room, organized that closet, and made that bed. DH is cleaning out the car only to discover that the can of red paint we have been hauling around for months (to get it matched to do one more coat on the dining table) had finally leaked in the front floor board. I had to help him clean it up with mineral spirits. Fun-fun! We needed one more thing to do today. That always happens to us. Now he is vacuuming and will shampoo the red spots.

He is going to finish his sermon while the kids are sleeping. I am going to do the kitchen, including the fridge. But right now I am enjoying a cup of hot tea, while watching the "Long, Long Trailer" on DVD. It's one of my favourite movies of all time. Lucy and Desi in case you were wondering.

Tomorrow is: me working in the nursery, DH preaching both services, women's ministry meeting after the first service (with no sitter, because DH is preaching), followed by a luncheon. We are packing the car and the trailer tonight so we can leave from church tomorrow. We hope to get to Auckland around 4 pm. We have to pick-up Bubba's new (to him) trike and check-in to the hotel. Our plan was to go to the zoo, but I don't think we will have time. Besides everyone will be exhausted after tomorrow morning.

Granny's flight arrives at 5:25 am. So, DH and I will get up early. He'll go pick her and her friend up and bring them back to the hotel. Where I will feed them breakfast. I am taking some biscuits (scones for those of you down here), bacon, eggs, and cheese. That will be better than McDonalds. We don't have to check-out until 10 am. So Granny and Liz can take a shower or rest until we head home. It is a 2.5 hour drive, over the mountains, on a two lane winding road. It will be so nice to get home to a clean house with all of the laundry done! Yay!

Okay, break time is over. More pictures later.

3 comments:

  1. God. I'm tired and all I did was read it. Glad you're you and can get it all done. Love ya and have a SAFE and great trip down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm hmmm... the English spelling is starting to creep in. Do you talk with a New Zealand accent on a word here and there yet as well? :)

    Programme, gaol and centre are three words I don't think I could ever use in a sentence with a straight face though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet you are looking forward to seeing your mum as tired as she will be...
    Enjoy the wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete