Friday, April 16, 2010

Being Productive

It's amazing to me how it only takes a short time to make a mess and a long time clean it up. Our house is never really dirty, just messy sometimes. Usually that includes our bed room (or dump central), the guest room, and the closets. It drives me crazy, because I like things all neat and orderly, but stashing mess in unseen places always seems like a good compromise. Today has been all about bringing order to the mess. It's a work in progress, just like me.

Today has also been about trying to teach Cupcake that tantrums are unacceptable. Suddenly, she has started having a tantrum every time she is corrected. I don't know why, thought we had out grown it, but it's back. So, the new rule is every time she has a tantrum she sits on the naughty chair. That makes for a busy day, but we hope the results will be good. We'll see.

DH got the computer and desk moved the dining room, which is so nice. Now I can just stop by for a second and not have sneak off the bedroom, feeling guilty the whole time about not keeping an eye the kids. It's good. Plus when DH is studying then we can be in the same room at least, if not actually communicating. I thought it would be good for our guests too who will be using the computer while they are here.

The rest of the day has been mostly about sorting clothes. It seems to be a non-stop occurrence with kids. They are just constantly growing out of things and into things. I don't save baby clothes--unless it is from one season to the next. Either to pass onto someone else or to sell. We just don't have the space to save them indefinitely for the next child. I do pull out the occasional special item and tuck it away. It's not quite as hard as it used to be. The hardest was when Cupcake was a tiny baby. I hated to get rid of the newborn clothes. But I also REALLY hated when they both moved from 6-9 month sizes to size 1 or 12 months. Oh man--that was really hard!

Tried to talk DH into adopting some siblings from Ethiopia today. He said he rather raise money to pay off debt or to take his trip to the Holy Land in January. I promptly punched him in the arm. He said he didn't mean to say that. Whatever. I know he wants more children, however they come to us. I can't help it if I would adopt the whole world! Anyway, still praying for baby number 3. We believe God has confirmed that there will be one and so we wait and pray--believing for a miracle. All kids are miracles, really.

Okay, back to work. So much more to do!

3 comments:

  1. Bleeeeehhh... and I would rather go party than pay the mortgage. I'm SURE your DH didn't mean the remark... right??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--he thought I was joking. He didn't mean it. Not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bonnie

    Even though I am finally preg I totally understand and know it will happen....it will God will bless you again.

    ReplyDelete