Thursday, April 15, 2010

List Mania

I am making lists all over the place. I feel a bit like Kate Gosselin. It's so hard to get things done without feeling like I am totally neglecting the kids. I'm sure that is nothing new. The reality is sometimes we have to take time to make sure things are done even if it means we don't play playdough or colour that day. Believe me--I would rather being colouring!

Here is my list of things to do before Sunday morning (it is Thursday afternoon here):

Shampoo all rugs including carpet in garagae
Clean Living room windows inside and out
Clean out fridge
Wipe down fronts of all cabinets, stove, dishwasher, and fridge
Clean both showers and tub
Clean toilets
Sweep and mop all floors
Wipe down walls—hallway, kids’ room, dining room, lounge, guest room
Move computer to dining room
Clean-up deck
Finishing putting stuff under the house
Get rid of garage sale stuff
Clean out car and vacuum
Pack for trip
Clean out garage (again), organize toys, finish and put away all laundry

Move bed
and clean-up guest room, move shelves into guest room
Set-up Granny friendly area in the garage

Clean out kid’s closet, sort clothes, do something about drawers
Clean-up guest room closet
Clean-up our room and bath room
Finish all laundry and put it away
Check on limit increase for BNZ
Get cash for tricycle (we bought a used push-tric we are picking up Sunday in Auckland)
Menu plan and groceries

The things marked in blue are done. The rest are works in progress. Yesterday I painted two long shelf kits, put them together, and hung them up in the kids' room. Now all of the decor is done in their room. That's nice. DH will move the computer for me later today. I pretend not to know how to do those things, that way he has to do them for me. I know--I shouldn't do it, but I finally learned that batting one's eyes and saying "Honey..." is often easier than doing it yourself.

This week has been crazy. I think the kids must know something is up. They have both been up every night this week in the middle of the night. That is very strange for us, they are such good sleepers. I guess they are excited about Granny coming and don't realize that Monday is still a few days away. Oh well. Bubba got stung by a wasp yesterday and his little hand is still swollen. He has a horrible runny nose. Cupcake has a bad cough and woke-up from her nap with a fever. Never a dull moment here!

Enough blogging. Time for work!

1 comment:

  1. I am not really sure who Kate Gosselin is except that there was a magazine that said she had "rooster hair" and had a bunch of kids. (So?) I make lists, too, usually on post-it notes.

    I hope Bubba is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete