Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fluffy robes and warm slippers

Today was the first day of fluffy robes and warm slippers. It's official. We will now spend the next 4-5 months trying to keep the babies warm, especially in the early morning. They are so cute in their little robes. Bubba's is blue with puppies on it. Cupcake's is pink with hearts on it. She has white bunny rabbit slippers. He has red car slippers. I would have taken a picture, but it's too early and I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet. Trying to let DH sleep-in since he did the 2 am shift when Bubba woke-up talking. He needed a bottle and a nappy change.

This Saturday is sponsored by cleaning house, doing laundry, receiving packages (expecting two), and cooking dinner for Auntie Anne. She is DH's 2nd cousin who is his father's age (70 ish). Lovely little lady (tiny--I bet she weighs about 75 lbs). The kid's LOVE her. We haven't seen her in months. First she was sick, then she was on vacation, then we were, then we've been sick. It's been a hectic 3 months. BTW--I officially have a bladder infection. Went to the doctor's office yesterday. They give you 3 days of strong antibiotics, hoping it clears. There is no such thing here as pyridium (the little red pills that help with bladder pain--you buy them at the grocery store in the US). They don't give you anything for the pain here. Fun!

I really need to go put on my wholly socks. I have this thing where when my feet get too cold my toes turn white. I forget to put my socks on (because I hate to wear shoes, much less socks) and before I know it my tootsies are whiter than normal.

Okay--time to rescue my craft books--little fingers attacking--and make breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. My dad's aunty Belle was so tiny the blokes could pick her up with one hand. lol Great musician & a real sweetie.

    You're further south than we are. Keep warm. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. some women get bladder infection when pregnant

    Maybe your Mum can bring some of those pills over for you....

    Here in Aust we have what is called ural....it is a powder that you add water too and it fizzes....it does the trick for pain....drink cranberry juice meant too help

    ReplyDelete