I am feeling better today. Not quite so cloudy. DH and I had a long talk last night, which was so nice. It seems that it has finally hit him that he is a man with responsibilities. You all probably remember that feeling if you think back. It usually hits sometime in your 30's. It's when you suddenly realize that you ARE a grown-up, that your children depend on you, and that your parents will not live forever.
The last few weeks were fairly hard on us. We loved being around my mother. There is the occasional head butt between me and Mom, but it was made worse by our other house guest who was equally as bull headed but not family. No one said anything to DH about his weight, but I think it hit home. He was worried that my Mom or his parents would have the dreaded "talk" with him (or me for that matter). But no one did.
We were all very sick with colds, but tried really hard each day to participate fully. We didn't want to miss any time together. So, by the time it was over we were exhausted. Then there was the added emotion of seeing DH's parents, his birth mother, and what happened to Bubba last Friday with the blood pressure pill. Even though he was just fine, it was the closest we have ever come to losing any one. Oh my God, that would have been a horrible thing. Yes, I have been thanking God that my son is still alive and well.
Anyway, he told me last night that he was afraid. He was afraid of not being around for his kids. And he had finally realized that his parents wouldn't be around forever. Wow! I think that's pretty good for 36. He's an adult, a father, a husband, and a grown son. In light of all of that we are going to try to make some changes to our lives, again. Maybe with new determination this time. More prayer, more study, more obedience, and more care for our selves.
Please forgive my whiny post yesterday. It's been quite a while since I have felt jealousy towards anyone for being pregnant. The last time was about a year ago. Before that it had been several years. I truly am happy for my friends and their expected blessings. I am truly amazed and blessed by my friends who have large families. Most importantly, I guess-I am truly grateful and blessed by my small family. I never thought I would have one child, then suddenly in less then a year I had two. That was a miracle!
We continue to pray. I try to believe in faith without any doubts. But I have to say this one thing that I know--sometimes the miracle comes in the form of God helping us become truly at peace with what we have or what He gives us, that is not exactly what we asked for. Still--I think asking and believing for what we ask is the best way to get what we actually ask for.
On the fertility prayer message board I participate with, a lady I have been praying for is pregnant. She is 43. She only married at 37 to a 46 year old husband, they were both virgins (isn't that nice!). They had an early miscarriage and nothing since. Now she is pregnant, 13 weeks, with no fertility help at all. Just loads of prayer! What's amazing to me about her story is that she is one I would say to DH--maybe she is getting too old and should stop trying, it must be so sad. What did I know? Nothing! Because God had other plans.
So, I woke-up this morning not feeling jealous. I feel blessed and I feel happy for my friends. In fact I am so happy this morning I won't even tell you what my nosey/bossy neighbor we call Mrs. Kravitz did last night. And I am seriously considering going to play group this morning. We'll see. Happy Thursday!
The last few weeks were fairly hard on us. We loved being around my mother. There is the occasional head butt between me and Mom, but it was made worse by our other house guest who was equally as bull headed but not family. No one said anything to DH about his weight, but I think it hit home. He was worried that my Mom or his parents would have the dreaded "talk" with him (or me for that matter). But no one did.
We were all very sick with colds, but tried really hard each day to participate fully. We didn't want to miss any time together. So, by the time it was over we were exhausted. Then there was the added emotion of seeing DH's parents, his birth mother, and what happened to Bubba last Friday with the blood pressure pill. Even though he was just fine, it was the closest we have ever come to losing any one. Oh my God, that would have been a horrible thing. Yes, I have been thanking God that my son is still alive and well.
Anyway, he told me last night that he was afraid. He was afraid of not being around for his kids. And he had finally realized that his parents wouldn't be around forever. Wow! I think that's pretty good for 36. He's an adult, a father, a husband, and a grown son. In light of all of that we are going to try to make some changes to our lives, again. Maybe with new determination this time. More prayer, more study, more obedience, and more care for our selves.
Please forgive my whiny post yesterday. It's been quite a while since I have felt jealousy towards anyone for being pregnant. The last time was about a year ago. Before that it had been several years. I truly am happy for my friends and their expected blessings. I am truly amazed and blessed by my friends who have large families. Most importantly, I guess-I am truly grateful and blessed by my small family. I never thought I would have one child, then suddenly in less then a year I had two. That was a miracle!
We continue to pray. I try to believe in faith without any doubts. But I have to say this one thing that I know--sometimes the miracle comes in the form of God helping us become truly at peace with what we have or what He gives us, that is not exactly what we asked for. Still--I think asking and believing for what we ask is the best way to get what we actually ask for.
On the fertility prayer message board I participate with, a lady I have been praying for is pregnant. She is 43. She only married at 37 to a 46 year old husband, they were both virgins (isn't that nice!). They had an early miscarriage and nothing since. Now she is pregnant, 13 weeks, with no fertility help at all. Just loads of prayer! What's amazing to me about her story is that she is one I would say to DH--maybe she is getting too old and should stop trying, it must be so sad. What did I know? Nothing! Because God had other plans.
So, I woke-up this morning not feeling jealous. I feel blessed and I feel happy for my friends. In fact I am so happy this morning I won't even tell you what my nosey/bossy neighbor we call Mrs. Kravitz did last night. And I am seriously considering going to play group this morning. We'll see. Happy Thursday!
Glad eveyone is feeling better. However wonderful they are visitors are still stressful.
ReplyDeleteHEY! I had a great time reading this post, but carnal me wants to know what Mrs. Kravitz did this time. :)
ReplyDeleteMrs C--since you asked...we have been having some pretty bad storms the last few days. Which was good, because we needed the rain. But not so good, because the majority of our toys live on our deck. The night before last it was very windy and the wind was blowing around the play house. We could hear it and it was a bit scary at times. Last night, about 6:30 pm, in the pitch black and the pouring rain, we get a call from Mrs. Kravitz. I am trying to be more socially responsible and answer the phone even when I don't know who it is that is calling. I did, BIG mistake. It was her. She started off with friendly small talk, but you just know that there is something behind it. We don't do friendly small talk. In fact we just plain don't like each other. So, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. I thought perhaps she was calling to gripe about us wanting to build the fence. Then she started asking if we had heard any strange noises the night before. For a split second, because she is the neighborhood watch lady (really just an excuse for her to nose in and gossip about everyone), I thought there might have been a prowler or something. No. She was calling to complain about the noise our toys made on the deck in the storm. They were "scary" and kept her awake. She thought "her roof was going to blow off." I told her we had already brought the play house in and said we would try to deal with any other toys outside. All of this was fairly reasonable. It was just the fact that she felt she had to dance around it. And that she waited all day to call. She waited until it was seriously pitch black out and pouring rain to ask us to bring in the toys. DH wasn't going to do it until I reminded him that if they woke-up her up again she would very likely call the police.
ReplyDeleteSo, there you have it. Found out after we moved in and signed out extra long lease she was the reason the pastor who built this house moved out after 3 months. She is weird. She is nosey. She is rude. Rules don't apply to her, but she will apply them to everyone else. I try to pray for her, but hope there is a special place in Heaven (assuming I see her there) for nosey neighbors. I am really looking forward to the extreme pleasure I will get from annoying her when we build the fence 13 cm inside our boundary, since she has built her garden over the boundary. She can't do a thing about it or to stop it and it will drive her crazy!
Wow--I feel better just getting it all out there. Thanks for asking Mrs. C.
LOL Well, darlin' I'm looking forward to the day when you can buy a lovely fence (I'd suggest white on your side and pink with purple polka dots on the other... maybe a neon green stripe or two).
ReplyDeleteWe had a neighbour who TOLD me that I had to go out and mow the lawn that minute or she'd call City Hall about our dandelions. Elf and Emperor were about 2 and 3 years old at the time, so... not going to happen. I brought all the kids outside and we blew milkweeds and dandelions and had a *great* time. I also accidentally left all kinds of leaf piles sorta close to the property line, and the wind somehow blew them over to her place.
PS Recommend Caller ID or better yet? Practice saying, "OH NO, Cupcake putthatdown... Mrs. Kravitz, I'll callyoulaterbye" and hang up the phone. Then forget. Then do that every time she calls. Bwa ha haaa.
MrsC you have a wicked sense of humour hahaha
ReplyDeleteBonnie I am so glad you feel better...About that place in heaven for nosey neighbours....hmmm I am just scared he is going to make me live next them for eternity cause I didn't learn my lesson on earth.....
Bake her a cake..hahaa
I can't believe about that couple! That is great for them. I just shocked about the virginity thing. wow! That is so neato. So happy they are having a baby together finally.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great mama and you deserve lots of babies. I will start adding you to my prayers. I should have thought of it before! Hmmm...maybe I'll fast and pray for you to have triplets. haha