Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Frustrated

Going to the doctor was a huge waste of time! He did NOTHING for DH. Suggested he take medical leave for a week. PL-EEE--ZE! No light therapy, no Prozac--he's supposed to take a week off to rest when he just had a week off, a week ago, and he has school next week.

When did it become unacceptable to give someone a prescription because sometimes they just need to get on with living their life? Oh yea, when we moved to the land of socialized medicine. Crime in Italy--it makes me so mad!

I went too to have my chest checked. Did he do it? NO! He gave me Flonase for my sinuses, but never listened to my chest. Bubba got cream for his butt, which now (in the last 6 hours) has bleeding sores on it again. Cupcake is fine. No explanation at all for why she coughs all night long and all morning. We're supposed to put the dehumidifier in their room at night.

We stopped at the store and got DH some St. John's Wart and B complex. I truly hope that helps until we can get some time off again or some sunshine. I also told him he has to call and make an appointment for counseling. You would have too if you could have seen the look on his face when he told me his birth mother interjected herself into his life again last week by calling up his parents for a visit. Seriously! He says it doesn't bother him, but the look on his face when he said it told it all. He's now at the library doing study for school. His first project is only due tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention that when I got dressed this morning there was dog poop in my bra. Yup. Guess when I discovered it? Yup, after I put it on. I almost murdered the puppy. Instead we bought a steam cleaner on the way home. I have got to get that dog potty trained and the carpets cleaned. It won't help DH's depression or Bubba's bottom or Cupcake's cough, but it will make me feel a lot better!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Making my day look better by the second. I think you struck another of those cultural differences with the doc. May I suggest straight ol' vaseline for Bubba's butt? It won't hurt but is an excellent barrier against ammonia from urine. And is anything likely to be causing hayfever just now? Know the she~oaks flowering get my whole household going but not the usual sniffles & sneezes, more the hawking hacking coughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. When I read the thing about the dog poop in the bra I started laughing really hard in McDonalds. I know it wasn't funny for you! I couldn't help it, sorry!

    That would make me so mad.

    ReplyDelete