So, next Wednesday I am going to see a Homeopathic practitioner. I am a little bit nervous. I found this woman online because she speacializes in women's health and fertility. I hope that she in not totally new agey and some weird religious amalgamation. We'll see.
We continue to pray daily for a miracle regarding another baby (or two or more). I was going to see a gynecologist until I figured out how much that costs here (like $150 a visit). We don't have insurance, because basic health care is free. We can, however, sign-up for insurance in October--which would run us about $265 a month for the best family coverage. Then I can see specialists for free. Until then I thought I could start on homepathy and see if I get any results.
The initial consulation is 90 minutes and is $95 including any remedies they prescribe. That's not bad. Usually you follow-up once a month for 45-60 minutes for $60, including remedies. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. The hardest part is knowing that she will want me to lose weight and change what I eat. But I should do those things anyway.
None of this is to negate the power of prayer or my asking God to perform a miracle--it is because I believe we must also do what we can do when asking God for healing. Does that make sense? I believe in special, supernatural healing that can only come from God. I also believe that we must do what we are able to do towards the blessing or healing that we seek. Not that we earn it or deserve it or can achieve it on our own--but sitting around doing nothing, while I eat candy isn't going to help anyone.
Maybe its just to make me feel better. I hope it doesn't indicate a lack of faith of my part that God can do all of the healing and provide the miracle I seek. I continue to claim healing in the name of Jesus. I walk around telling myself, "I am a fertile woman." Okay--some how this just turned into a theological argument in my head. I should stop talking now.
Say a prayer for Bubba. His nappy rash is back in full force. His tummy bug is still here. He feels miserable and so he acts miserable. We were up 4-5 times in the night last night. Bless his little heart. Maybe I should start trying to potty train him, at least then we might avoid some of this. I don't know.
We continue to pray daily for a miracle regarding another baby (or two or more). I was going to see a gynecologist until I figured out how much that costs here (like $150 a visit). We don't have insurance, because basic health care is free. We can, however, sign-up for insurance in October--which would run us about $265 a month for the best family coverage. Then I can see specialists for free. Until then I thought I could start on homepathy and see if I get any results.
The initial consulation is 90 minutes and is $95 including any remedies they prescribe. That's not bad. Usually you follow-up once a month for 45-60 minutes for $60, including remedies. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal. The hardest part is knowing that she will want me to lose weight and change what I eat. But I should do those things anyway.
None of this is to negate the power of prayer or my asking God to perform a miracle--it is because I believe we must also do what we can do when asking God for healing. Does that make sense? I believe in special, supernatural healing that can only come from God. I also believe that we must do what we are able to do towards the blessing or healing that we seek. Not that we earn it or deserve it or can achieve it on our own--but sitting around doing nothing, while I eat candy isn't going to help anyone.
Maybe its just to make me feel better. I hope it doesn't indicate a lack of faith of my part that God can do all of the healing and provide the miracle I seek. I continue to claim healing in the name of Jesus. I walk around telling myself, "I am a fertile woman." Okay--some how this just turned into a theological argument in my head. I should stop talking now.
Say a prayer for Bubba. His nappy rash is back in full force. His tummy bug is still here. He feels miserable and so he acts miserable. We were up 4-5 times in the night last night. Bless his little heart. Maybe I should start trying to potty train him, at least then we might avoid some of this. I don't know.
You know, Caleb has been fighting rashes really bad. I tried bathing him every diaper change. I tried putting Desiton and other creams. Come to find out he is just super sensitive and I can only use Huggies. It's expensive but it's the only thing that works. His rashes were so, so bad. The next day after using huggies, his rash was gone for the first time in months!
ReplyDeleteIt makes a lot of sense, Bonnie. I'm sure you'll run out if she pulls out Tarot cards or any such nonsense. Is it possible to cloth-diaper Bubba? I'm so sorry for his little owies. :(
ReplyDeleteI actually think this is a brilliant idea. Nothing like being as prepared as possible to recieve one of God's miracles. Homeopaths are often more helpful than a doctor because they take a holistic approach rather than just treating the symptoms. Let us know how it goes.
ReplyDelete