Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's ahead?

Lovely photo from Wai-O-Tapu with me (in the back), my Mom (on the left) and her friend Liz (on the right). That was a fun morning. WOT is a good value for the money. Lots of cool and smelly thermal things to see and easy walking.

Thought I would start this blog with a happy picture. This week has been rough! Bubba and Mommy are still sick. Daddy is not much better.

Poor Bubba has been really sick since Wed. (Ha! Watching a Pukeko tear up Mrs. Kravitz' garden out my window behind the computer...sorry, back to the story.) He has had vomiting and diarrhea since then. Night before last he vomited several times and was lying in it, with it all stuck to his hair, before we got the bed changed. Before bed last night we gave him a preventative anti-nausea tablet. That helped, we think. But he woke-up soaked in diarrhea and shivering cold this morning. Even after we got him cleaned up and changed into warm dry clothes it took him about an hour to warm up. His lips were blue. Gave him some Tylenol and his emergency puffer and he seemed to perk up. Now we are having another cuddle.

Makes me wish I had my hyper, jumping, running, yelling boy back! I hate to see him sick and he just seems to be sick so much.

DH is leaving for school tonight. We are expected to get really bad storms starting tonight and getting worse tomorrow. Gale force winds and it looks like the worst of the storm will linger right over where we are. Yay. We have needed rain, we were on water restrictions, but I'm about ready to say enough already. Since DH's class starts at 9 am tomorrow morning, 2.5 hours away from here, we decided he should go down this afternoon (before dark) and spend the night. The cost $99, but worth every penny. The roads here can be dangerous on a good day--only two lanes, over mountains, around mountains, and the people drive way too fast.

So, I will have 2.5 days with no car and a sick baby. I guess if it gets bad enough we can call an ambulance. I wonder if they have a limit on ambulance rides per person, per month. Bubba already had one this month (the blood pressure pill incident). DH's parents are still planning to come on Tuesday afternoon even though we might still be dealing with tummy bug. They are staying with our cousin. But at least I will have access to a car on Tuesday-Thursday (when DH gets back). And after this block course DH won't be going away again for a long time.

Trying to work out vacation in July to a big rugby game, down to his parents house, and then maybe a day at the snow. That would be awesome! We need about $1,000. We'll see. Then in August we are going to a big conference on healing in Auckland. And in November we have our denominations annual gathering. DH will be officially licensed as a pastor then. That is awesome! Right now he is a probationary pastor or whatever they call it here.

Okay...back to reality. In the next 5 hours I have to wash and pack for DH, grocery shop, and clean house all with a sick bubby attached to me. At least I had a shower today and I didn't have any emergency trips to the bathroom last night or any barfing babies. All-in-all, a good day, so far.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I really AM going to bed now (reading your posts in reverse order top-down). Here's my thought: You are a pastor's wife. Surely someone in the congregation is going to help the pastor's wife when she has an emergency.

    You call the church and see if someone won't help. How often has your dh or you gone to help someone in need? A ride to and from the hospital isn't too much to ask; you could even call when you are ready to be picked up so minimal fuss.

    Really. Can't hurt to ask!!

    ReplyDelete