Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tender Moment

Just sitting here, pensive and praying for William Henry and/or Chloe Elspeth. Hoping that someday we get to welcome another child into our home.

William means protector--we would call him Liam, Henry is DH's father's middle name and it means ruler of home. We have also thought about William Murray (means lord of the manor) which was DH's uncle's name. He died in the Air NZ Erebus crash and his memory means a lot to DH.

Chloe means blooming and appears in Scripture 1 Cor 1:11, Elspeth is a form of Elizabeth (a family name on my side) and it means consecrated to God.

I keep thinking that I need to invite others to pray, but it is such a private thing that I don't. I know that sounds silly, since I mention it here, but only a few friends read this blog. Sometimes I wonder, though, if we have not because we ask not. Maybe asking others to pray is a way of exhibiting faith in God to grant us the desire of our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Heart: God knows before we need or ask. Ask Him what He would have you do & go on from there. Can you get someone to mind the littlies & spend a day in pray & fasting laying all your troubles before the Lord & waiting on Him for an answer? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I will add this in when I pray for Bubba tonight. YES we are agreeing in prayer. It is not a silly request; it is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete