Well, we made it through the night with no more vomiting. Bubba went to sleep about 6 pm, after projectile vomiting all over me, the floor, and the computer desk. About 8 pm I forced him to drink about 3 oz of Pedialyte. Then I left a 4 oz bottle of Pedialyte in his crib. He slept all night (I didn't). When they were up at 7 am he had drunk the other 4 oz and there was no vomit anywhere in sight.
I gave him a anti-naseua tablet to start the day, some tylenol, and 4 oz of formula which he drank in a hurry. He wanted more immediately, but I made him wait for an hour. Then I gave him 3 oz. He drank that just fine. About 10 am we all laid down for a nap. He had 4 oz more of formula and no vomiting.
At noon (about ten minutes ago) when we woke-up he was dry. Dry lips and very lethargic. He didn't want any formula, but he didn't have the tale-tell signs of vomiting coming. His lips were pink and not white. So I tried just 20 ml of Pedialyte. Which he promptly spit out all over me and proceeded to through a huge temper tantrum trying to head butt me. He got a smack on the leg, which is our normal policy. When he is in such a fit that he tries to hurt us, he gets a smack on the leg, which usually draws his attention away from the fit and allows us to calm him down.
I put him back in his crib and left him for a few minutes so we could all calm down. I am very tired. Trying really hard not to be sick myself. I spent most of Friday and Saturday in bed from this stomach flu. I don't think it is quite gone yet. I am still bloated and feeling fluey.
So, we are all exhausted. I'm supposed to call an ambulance if he gets worse. That is really hard to know. How much fluid is enough? When he vomited last night I bet it was at least 32 oz of fluid, which must have been everything he drank all day. Like nothing had left his tummy. I am not convinced yet today that he won't vomit more. He is having wet diapers which is a good sign. At this point I would almost be happier at the hospital with an IV.
Just continue to pray. I'll keep trying. So hard not to get totally frustrated. Need to go talk to the boy.
I gave him a anti-naseua tablet to start the day, some tylenol, and 4 oz of formula which he drank in a hurry. He wanted more immediately, but I made him wait for an hour. Then I gave him 3 oz. He drank that just fine. About 10 am we all laid down for a nap. He had 4 oz more of formula and no vomiting.
At noon (about ten minutes ago) when we woke-up he was dry. Dry lips and very lethargic. He didn't want any formula, but he didn't have the tale-tell signs of vomiting coming. His lips were pink and not white. So I tried just 20 ml of Pedialyte. Which he promptly spit out all over me and proceeded to through a huge temper tantrum trying to head butt me. He got a smack on the leg, which is our normal policy. When he is in such a fit that he tries to hurt us, he gets a smack on the leg, which usually draws his attention away from the fit and allows us to calm him down.
I put him back in his crib and left him for a few minutes so we could all calm down. I am very tired. Trying really hard not to be sick myself. I spent most of Friday and Saturday in bed from this stomach flu. I don't think it is quite gone yet. I am still bloated and feeling fluey.
So, we are all exhausted. I'm supposed to call an ambulance if he gets worse. That is really hard to know. How much fluid is enough? When he vomited last night I bet it was at least 32 oz of fluid, which must have been everything he drank all day. Like nothing had left his tummy. I am not convinced yet today that he won't vomit more. He is having wet diapers which is a good sign. At this point I would almost be happier at the hospital with an IV.
Just continue to pray. I'll keep trying. So hard not to get totally frustrated. Need to go talk to the boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment