We had a great time with our coffee group yesterday. The kids played and it was so nice. I've missed that. By the time everyone left it was nap time. Bubba went right to sleep. Cupcake played in her room during nap time. Oh well. Then Bubba woke-up again with a high fever. The second one in two days. So, off to the doctor. I called our GP practice and asked for the one that we like (the partner of our GP). She was booked, so I just said thank you and hung up. We took Bubba to the emergency clinic. It only costs us $5 for him, so not a bad option. I'm so glad we did. He has an ear infection. They gave us antibiotics and told us to bring him back on Wednesday if his fever was still high. So far, even though he is still sick and miserable, he seems better today. When he woke-up his temp was about a point lower. While he is awake we alternate tylenol and ibuprofen, which keeps it down. He's playing right now. He only cries when he coughs.
Anyway--when I make my appointment with the good partner for my annual exam, I am going to talk to her about making her our GP. The more we talk to people who used to use our GP--they all agree that he just doesn't do anything. He is so old school and just non-reactive. Apparently, one lady felt, he doesn't even keep up to date on new treatments. So wish someone had told us this before we started with him. Oh well. If we can see his partner instead, that will be fine. Maybe he won't notice.
So, today is the big day for Cupcake. We are attempting to potty train. I feel way out of my depth, but we are trying. Never mind. We just had our second accident in less than 90 minutes, after sitting on the potty three times. I think she might need some more time to learn how to tell me first. I think we might just wear pull-ups for awhile and keep trying the potty. At least that will save me some laundry. UGH! She just had her second chiropractor visit and she isn't quite regular yet with her pooping anyway--maybe we should wait until then. Plus the pull-ups are supposed to help, because they feel wet (not like a diaper). We shall see.
Anyway--when I make my appointment with the good partner for my annual exam, I am going to talk to her about making her our GP. The more we talk to people who used to use our GP--they all agree that he just doesn't do anything. He is so old school and just non-reactive. Apparently, one lady felt, he doesn't even keep up to date on new treatments. So wish someone had told us this before we started with him. Oh well. If we can see his partner instead, that will be fine. Maybe he won't notice.
So, today is the big day for Cupcake. We are attempting to potty train. I feel way out of my depth, but we are trying. Never mind. We just had our second accident in less than 90 minutes, after sitting on the potty three times. I think she might need some more time to learn how to tell me first. I think we might just wear pull-ups for awhile and keep trying the potty. At least that will save me some laundry. UGH! She just had her second chiropractor visit and she isn't quite regular yet with her pooping anyway--maybe we should wait until then. Plus the pull-ups are supposed to help, because they feel wet (not like a diaper). We shall see.
I always wait till summer to potty train as they wet too often during winter.I tried pull ups with one of kids and found they just kept wetting them,just like nappies...found cotton undies best as they made them realize they were wet. Also found I had to time it first till they saw they big wooh haa I thre then they did on their own... Drink and 40 mins later potty....Have fun xx
ReplyDeleteUm... invisible here too sometimes... hugs to you. :)
ReplyDelete