So, my older 2 year old (Cupcake) has developed some new maneuvers. The first one is she refuses to take a nap during the day, even if it involves laying down with Mommy. And she is refusing to lay down at night even after following her normal routine. Last night she must have gotten up 5 times, she climbs on her dresser in her sleeping bag and turns on the light, then she dances around up there.
This morning another new tactic developed. She refused to come sit at the table for breakfast. I threatened her with the naughty chair if she didn't come. Then instead of following through I just put her at the table. She slowly sort of slid out of her chair but refused to even touch her breakfast. I told her if she didn't eat even one quarter of toast that she would not get a snack later. So, off she went into the lounge. Then a few minutes later she came back and crawled back into the chair and ate a quarter of toast. All the while giggling and smirking at me. It was as if she was saying "in my own time Mummy and not yours...I have eaten the toast and will expect a snack at 10:30."
Meanwhile Bubba refuses to stop touching the TV. He turns it off and runs away. He has been punished for this too many times to count. He's not supposed to touch the screen, turn it off/on, or drive his cars on the TV screen. What happens is Cupcake turns it back on, after he turns it off, and it becomes a game. Then he claps.
So a few minutes ago he was driving his truck on the TV screen. When I would tell him to stop he would, then he would immediately do it again. I finally told him to stop it or he would sit on the naughty chair. Yup. He's been sitting there the whole time I have been typing, because he keeps getting up.
There has got to be a better way! UGH! Thinking about doing the Super Nanny sleep trick tonight to keep her in bed. This involves putting her in bed, sitting with my back to her in the room (ignoring her), putting her back in bed each time she gets up--until she stays in bed and goes to sleep. What amazes me is how can my two good sleepers have turned into one who get ups and destroys her room every night and the other has decided to get up every night at 1 am? I want my good sleepers back.
Bubba is on his second round of time out, because he won't apologize. Man I hate being the grown-up!
This morning another new tactic developed. She refused to come sit at the table for breakfast. I threatened her with the naughty chair if she didn't come. Then instead of following through I just put her at the table. She slowly sort of slid out of her chair but refused to even touch her breakfast. I told her if she didn't eat even one quarter of toast that she would not get a snack later. So, off she went into the lounge. Then a few minutes later she came back and crawled back into the chair and ate a quarter of toast. All the while giggling and smirking at me. It was as if she was saying "in my own time Mummy and not yours...I have eaten the toast and will expect a snack at 10:30."
Meanwhile Bubba refuses to stop touching the TV. He turns it off and runs away. He has been punished for this too many times to count. He's not supposed to touch the screen, turn it off/on, or drive his cars on the TV screen. What happens is Cupcake turns it back on, after he turns it off, and it becomes a game. Then he claps.
So a few minutes ago he was driving his truck on the TV screen. When I would tell him to stop he would, then he would immediately do it again. I finally told him to stop it or he would sit on the naughty chair. Yup. He's been sitting there the whole time I have been typing, because he keeps getting up.
There has got to be a better way! UGH! Thinking about doing the Super Nanny sleep trick tonight to keep her in bed. This involves putting her in bed, sitting with my back to her in the room (ignoring her), putting her back in bed each time she gets up--until she stays in bed and goes to sleep. What amazes me is how can my two good sleepers have turned into one who get ups and destroys her room every night and the other has decided to get up every night at 1 am? I want my good sleepers back.
Bubba is on his second round of time out, because he won't apologize. Man I hate being the grown-up!
Waking up thru the night they may b cold ... I have to put 4 layers on Brighton for him to sleep thru.....also if they are warm in bed and the air around their face is cold that can wake them too, children are a joy eh?
ReplyDelete