It's funny--I have almost forgotten over the last few weeks and months just how much I want another baby. I have worked at becoming content in my life and I have! It's been amazing! We have even sold all of our baby stuff over the last month or so. All I have left are bottles (because we still use them) and a changing pad.Then what happens?
We get an email from my Mom. Here's what it says..."don't get your hopes up, but your sister says she knows about a baby girl (Latino) that needs parents. Not sure about the Hague stuff, but we could find the money if you can work it out." My sister is an adoption home study worker in Texas.
Yup.
So, I emailed DH at work and asked him if it was okay to send out a little prayer request. I've done that. We have absolutely no idea if it would all work out. Because of the Hague Convention adopting from America to another country is very difficult these days--you have to convince a judge that there aren't any parents available. Hard to do when most people wait years for a baby. I could think of two friends in Texas who would love to adopt the baby.
I'm not getting my hopes up. But neither can I just discount it. Our children are miracles and there adoptions should not have happened by all conventional reason, but they did. I believe, firmly, that God doesn't usually call us to a new vision or a new destiny at a time that is convenient. It always happens at the most impossible and the most inconvenient time. That would be now.
Maybe, baby girl (not pictured--that is a generic picture), is meant to be ours. Please say a prayer on our behalf.
Are you living in Australia? My husband and I haven't had fertility testing, but after nearly 3 years, we're thinking we might not be able to have children... the other day, out of curiousity, I looked into the option of what is involved with adopting a baby either within Australia or internationally, and it looks almost impossible! I would love to know more about this if you are living in Australia - was it very difficult to adopt?
ReplyDeleteOHhh, so beautiful! We will pray, Bonnie.
ReplyDelete