WOW! Had a really great day in my Treaty of Waitangi Class today. One day down, one more to go. This class will meet part (if not all) of my bi-cultural requirement for registration as a counsellor. It was the only one on offer up here where we live. I'm so glad--I love the lecturer and it is a nice group of women (6 of us, all in helping professions).Plus--we have the best babysitter in the world! She costs a fortune, but she is confident and great with the kids. I never worry about a thing. She even made us dinner tonight. Wasn't that sweet?!
Tonight, after spending 7 hours in class, I have to make cornbread dressing, apricot jello salad, and sweet potatoes for our Thanksgiving feast. We are celebrating early (our Tuesday) so that we can share the meal with our small group. The house is mostly clean, except it needs vacuuming. We thought this morning that our vacuum had died, but the hose was just blocked. Thank goodness.
So tired, but today and tomorrow will have been well worth the effort!
The best part--was the welcome I received from the kids when I got home. Bubba must have given me a 100 kisses and he said, "I love you!" That was a first. Sometimes I am amazed at how much they love me. What a huge bonus in life?! Not only do I get to love them and experience them as they grow-up, but I get to be loved in the process.
7 hours in class?! Yowie. Glad you got the 100 kisses! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Europeans in the pic seem a tad overdressed for the heat.
Elf mom: What heat? We're talking N.Z. rofl!
ReplyDeleteBonnie: sounds such fun. I love classes like that. Usually very interesting.