Friday, January 21, 2011

Can't Sleep

UGH--second night in a row I have been awake at 3:30 am and then still awake at 4:30 am, so I just got up. I hate that! Night before last it was Cupcake awake several times during the night. Last night it was the wind blowing the ride-on car around our deck. It gave me visions of Mrs. Kravitz over in her house preparing to call us. I made DH go move the car. Then I couldn't go back to sleep.

Too much to do today and too many things to pray for. I continue to be really concerned about an OL friend. I pray for her and her family almost constantly. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I don't feel like it does any good. I commented on her blog the other day and my comment disappeared, which made me worry then that I had said something to offend her. I have issues-I know. Like I don't have better things to worry about. It's amazing, though, how important OL friendships become. Anyway, I figured if I was up at 4:45 am thinking about her--I should just get up and pray. Feel better already, between prayer and a cup of coffee. ;-)

We're having some friends over tonight for Mexican food and board games. I can't wait. But it means I have lots of house cleaning and cooking to do today. Plus Friday is the day I see my one counselling client. Busy, busy. I am in the one of those cleaning moods where I feel like I can't clean without organizing every drawer and every closet. It either means I haven't gotten much done this week or I have gotten a lot done, depending on how you look at it.

Another question that's been bothering me...I have a niece who is 18.5 and a freshman in college. She is a lovely, sweet, and very responsible girl. I know from my mom, that my sister is hacking into this niece's email and reading it. I also know that when she was home for Christmas my sister made a regular habit of secretly reading all of her texts. I have a real problem with this. If this were a child under her roof, or a child who had given her reason to distrust her I could maybe understand this. But to do this to an adult child who has never given her any reason not to trust her--it makes me sad. I can't even email my niece, because my sister reads them. We were having a nice email friendship last year and then I started hearing from my mother all of my sister's comments about what I was saying. It just got to be too much and I don't email this niece any more. Then last week my mother told me that this same sister had read all of her emails. Mom had checked her email one day while at this sister's house--to show a cousin some pictures of our kids. She didn't sign out. Well, my sister called her and told her she had read all of her emails and that if she didn't want her to do that, not to leave her email open there. Seriously.
I don't know why I have allowed it to bother me, but it really does. Would it bother you?

Okay, off to do some work before the rest of the house is awake.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, it would more than bother me; it would infuriate me.

    Hope your bloggy situation improves. If it was me, then I hit the delete button by mistake or something. I never delete your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete