Currently enjoying my third cup of coffee, all before lunch time. Does that say anything about the kind of day I'm having? Hmmm...
The back pain medicine I take makes me very drowsy. I took two last night and overslept this morning. I never heard Cupcake shouting "Good morning" or Bubba kicking his door. DH got them up and made breakfast before I was even out of bed. That was so nice. Then he rushed off to work. He's been the only one in the office all month. Every summer (January) everyone else goes on holiday and leaves him here to run the place by himself.
Anyway, it's been a productive day. I suppose. I've stripped the bed and already washed two loads of laundry. It's a rainy day, so I'm using the dryer (shock--horror). I did the dishes and cleaned up the stove. I even started dinner (taco meat in the slow cooker). I sorted Cupcake's clothes in her closet again, as well as, organized her socks and undies. I am trying to empty their drawers, since we can't leave them in their rooms, to use for linens and things. If the drawers have to live in the dining room they might as well be useful.
Then I have whiled away time emailing and catching up on appointments and things. I hate doing that, but it must be done. Now I am sitting here--thinking, writing, eating toast with nutella and drinking my third yummy cup of coffee.
Yesterday, I had a great meeting with my supervisor. She is so supportive. She was as pleased as I am that I have a counselling client (even if it is an unpaid client). We talked all about that. Then we talked about the chaplaincy job. She agreed it was a good exercise to apply, but questioned whether it was something I really wanted. The answer is, no-not really. There is something very appealing to me about being a "pastor" type person again, but ultimately I don't really want to be a chaplain. We decided that my interest in applying has more to do with my seeking an out--just in case the counselling doesn't work out. I spend a lot of time planning escape routes so that I'm not disappointed if I don't get what I first set out for. Part of that is not a bad thing--its why I have been so successful in a lot of things where other people would give up. I like having a plan B and it usually helps me.
Anyway, she encouraged me to continue to pursue my counselling registration here. She spoke with her friend, who is on the national committee, and assured me that they are very interested in my application. This friend assured my supervisor that she believes they will give me full registration when my supervision is complete. That is awesome! That means I could bill the agencies who provide counselling for clients in need. Yay!
It's a little bit hard for me to think about actually doing what I have trained for. I think it feels a bit final. I have trouble imagining me doing just one thing for the rest of my life, but I am trying not to look at that way. The thing that is crucial to me at the moment is that counselling is something I can do that will earn me the most money for the least amount of time away from my family. I can still be a full time Mum and contribute a significant amount to our family income.
Okay--babbling on now. Probably time to stop drinking coffee.
The back pain medicine I take makes me very drowsy. I took two last night and overslept this morning. I never heard Cupcake shouting "Good morning" or Bubba kicking his door. DH got them up and made breakfast before I was even out of bed. That was so nice. Then he rushed off to work. He's been the only one in the office all month. Every summer (January) everyone else goes on holiday and leaves him here to run the place by himself.
Anyway, it's been a productive day. I suppose. I've stripped the bed and already washed two loads of laundry. It's a rainy day, so I'm using the dryer (shock--horror). I did the dishes and cleaned up the stove. I even started dinner (taco meat in the slow cooker). I sorted Cupcake's clothes in her closet again, as well as, organized her socks and undies. I am trying to empty their drawers, since we can't leave them in their rooms, to use for linens and things. If the drawers have to live in the dining room they might as well be useful.
Then I have whiled away time emailing and catching up on appointments and things. I hate doing that, but it must be done. Now I am sitting here--thinking, writing, eating toast with nutella and drinking my third yummy cup of coffee.
Yesterday, I had a great meeting with my supervisor. She is so supportive. She was as pleased as I am that I have a counselling client (even if it is an unpaid client). We talked all about that. Then we talked about the chaplaincy job. She agreed it was a good exercise to apply, but questioned whether it was something I really wanted. The answer is, no-not really. There is something very appealing to me about being a "pastor" type person again, but ultimately I don't really want to be a chaplain. We decided that my interest in applying has more to do with my seeking an out--just in case the counselling doesn't work out. I spend a lot of time planning escape routes so that I'm not disappointed if I don't get what I first set out for. Part of that is not a bad thing--its why I have been so successful in a lot of things where other people would give up. I like having a plan B and it usually helps me.
Anyway, she encouraged me to continue to pursue my counselling registration here. She spoke with her friend, who is on the national committee, and assured me that they are very interested in my application. This friend assured my supervisor that she believes they will give me full registration when my supervision is complete. That is awesome! That means I could bill the agencies who provide counselling for clients in need. Yay!
It's a little bit hard for me to think about actually doing what I have trained for. I think it feels a bit final. I have trouble imagining me doing just one thing for the rest of my life, but I am trying not to look at that way. The thing that is crucial to me at the moment is that counselling is something I can do that will earn me the most money for the least amount of time away from my family. I can still be a full time Mum and contribute a significant amount to our family income.
Okay--babbling on now. Probably time to stop drinking coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment