Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mush


Helping Daddy Cook Breakfast


Ian had to pull up a chair today too!

Despite the lovely beginning to the day--my brain feels like mush. Slowly, but surely the appointments, meetings, duties, studies, bills, and such are closing in. Summer is fast completing. This is the last week of half days for DH. Term 1 starts next Tuesday. And with that comes small group, my ladies' Bible study, and my Mum for a visit in about 3 weeks.

We are so beyond broke. Struggling to count every penny at the moment. I need to do one of those shopping trips where we are out of everything. Food costs continue to soar here, as does the price of petrol (now up to $1.99 a litre). Based on my estimations it looks like our grocery trip would cost $600 tomorrow. Obviously that can't happen--so I think I will have to do some judicious pairing down tomorrow. I sat down today and made menu plans for the next two weeks. I wonder if we are eating too much meat. How often do you use meat? We aim for once a day (evening meal) and then possibly for lunch the next day if we have left overs. That doesn't include Tuna which is slightly cheap.

I am a bit stressed wondering about what will come of my chaplaincy application. Will they want me? Will I want the job? I am so afraid that instead of listening to God I will jump at the job if they offer it to me, even if it isn't right--just because of the money. That's not what I want to do. I am praying about it and trying to leave it with God.

Embarrassed by my lack of faith I am really struggling to leave things with God and trust in Him. I know I haven't always made the right decisions and often I have had to live with my choices. But what I know from experience is that God does not disappoint--whatever happens He is in control and He will provide. Trying, more so than ever, to remember this.

Child care will start next week. I have two short courses in bi-cultural relations coming up of over the next two weeks. Meeting a spiritual director this week ($40 a meeting-UGH!), yet another requirement of my elusive counselling registration. My next Bible study starts on the 18th. Mum arrives on the 23rd. We have the pastors retreat on the 25th. Mum's book signing on March 5. Cupcake's EEG appointment is finally set for Feb. 4 and the follow-up on Feb. 22.

Just a lot going on and all the while trying to remind myself to look up--not in, not around. How do I keep my eye's focused on Christ no matter what else is going on?

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, hang in there! It sounds like this no-spend idea is almost a necessity right now! Praying your mom will understand you don't have tons o' money to spend sightseeing when she comes. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, stuff happening all over the place. Suddenly we have attack coming at us from all over the place & it is not good. I hope you get clarity of direction soon & a clear leading from the Lord. That always helps, doesn't it. ☺ ♥

    ReplyDelete