Today was my first day alone without the kids. They actually started "school" last Thursday, but I had a morning filled with appointments and so didn't get to bask in the aloneness (a rare thing for me). But today I stayed home alone. And guess what I did? Nothing. That is not to say that I don't have anything to do or anything I should be doing. Nope, I have a list a mile long!
My mother arrives here two weeks from Wednesday. That will be so nice! It will have been about 10 months since we last saw her. She comes over from America once a year. I have so much to do to get ready. Cleaning and sorting, etc. We don't have any spare beds any more so Granny is sleeping in Cupcake's room and Cupcake will either sleep in our room on the ready-bed (air mattress for kids) or in Bubba's room on the floor. We'll see.
Next week and the week Mom arrives we have a gazillion appointments. I have my client, supervision, physio, small group, my ladies' Bible study starts--the normal sort of things. Then we have Cupcake's LONG awaited specialist appointment on the 22nd. However, we finally got our invite to the information session about fostering and/or adoption and guess when it is? On the 22nd at the same time as Cupcake's appointment. So I have called the agency to see if it's okay if only one of us goes to the information session--I am betting not. I have also called (and left a message) to see if we could re-schedule Cupcake's appointment without losing any time. I doubt it. I have a feeling we might be waiting on the next information session. Oh well. God's timing you know--why do we ever question it?
I haven't heard a word from the chaplaincy position. The application deadline was on January 31. I am betting that I am not even in the running and expect to get a thanks but no thanks letter any day now. We'll see. Trying not to get panicky about money, but we are still recovering from our Christmas trip to the in-laws and dealing with added costs like DH's school fees and the kid's childcare, not to forget all of the expenses related to my process for counselling registration. After this month we should be caught up with the Christmas stuff, but at the moment it feels as if we can't hold on another minute. I'm sure I am over dramatizing.
I tried to make bread last night only to find out my yeast had expired. The jam I made last week didn't set, so I followed instructions and added more jam setting agent. This didn't help. I burned the jam, it still didn't set, and a week later I am still cleaning the burnt jam setting agent off the bottom of my pot. Ha! So far my money saving schemes haven't helped. But there is still hope.
I have laundry to do, a house to clean, closets to organize, a Bible study to prepare for, clothes to mend, and more. Oh well. Everyone deserves a morning free from work every now and then. I watched two Midsomer Murder mysteries, ate my lunch at my leisure, and played cards. It was fun. Back to work now.
My mother arrives here two weeks from Wednesday. That will be so nice! It will have been about 10 months since we last saw her. She comes over from America once a year. I have so much to do to get ready. Cleaning and sorting, etc. We don't have any spare beds any more so Granny is sleeping in Cupcake's room and Cupcake will either sleep in our room on the ready-bed (air mattress for kids) or in Bubba's room on the floor. We'll see.
Next week and the week Mom arrives we have a gazillion appointments. I have my client, supervision, physio, small group, my ladies' Bible study starts--the normal sort of things. Then we have Cupcake's LONG awaited specialist appointment on the 22nd. However, we finally got our invite to the information session about fostering and/or adoption and guess when it is? On the 22nd at the same time as Cupcake's appointment. So I have called the agency to see if it's okay if only one of us goes to the information session--I am betting not. I have also called (and left a message) to see if we could re-schedule Cupcake's appointment without losing any time. I doubt it. I have a feeling we might be waiting on the next information session. Oh well. God's timing you know--why do we ever question it?
I haven't heard a word from the chaplaincy position. The application deadline was on January 31. I am betting that I am not even in the running and expect to get a thanks but no thanks letter any day now. We'll see. Trying not to get panicky about money, but we are still recovering from our Christmas trip to the in-laws and dealing with added costs like DH's school fees and the kid's childcare, not to forget all of the expenses related to my process for counselling registration. After this month we should be caught up with the Christmas stuff, but at the moment it feels as if we can't hold on another minute. I'm sure I am over dramatizing.
I tried to make bread last night only to find out my yeast had expired. The jam I made last week didn't set, so I followed instructions and added more jam setting agent. This didn't help. I burned the jam, it still didn't set, and a week later I am still cleaning the burnt jam setting agent off the bottom of my pot. Ha! So far my money saving schemes haven't helped. But there is still hope.
I have laundry to do, a house to clean, closets to organize, a Bible study to prepare for, clothes to mend, and more. Oh well. Everyone deserves a morning free from work every now and then. I watched two Midsomer Murder mysteries, ate my lunch at my leisure, and played cards. It was fun. Back to work now.
Oh, Bonnie. Bless your heart. It will just take some time for Bubba to get used to. I know you are right on the "God's timing" thing... but wow... you'd think they'd see that this is because you're taking care of the kids you already have, and what a dedicated parent you are.
ReplyDeleteI hope it works in your favour somehow.