Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thank You

Thank you all for the kind comments. It's been a hard visit this year, but good too. I spent all of my supervision yesterday talking about it--the whole thing. My supervisor counsellor hadn't heard my whole story (well--this was just the family bit). It was so nice to have someone to talk to as an adult, where my opinion is valued, and I am not treated like a child. Wow--what a huge relief!

So, I was able to have a nice visit today with Mom. She leaves in 2.5 days. I know I will be sad and that I will miss her. Someday I hope we are able to work out all of our issues, or that I am at least able to not let it bother me so.

Virginia, I'm like you. I so want to have a healthy and happy relationship with my kids when they are adults. I hope I can do that. That is one of my biggest prayers. Maybe I need to write down the things that would be important to me as an adult daughter--they might be important for me to remember when my children are adults.

Anyway--things are better. Lots of prayer, a little counselling, and probably the reality that the visit is almost over. I will miss my Mom. Today I am feeling a little more like I can value her for all that she has taught me.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet. :D

    You ARE a good mom. I know exactly what you are going through. I battle self confidence all the time and whenever I get a breakthrough, all I have to do is hang out with my family and I leave feeling like a child. Been there.

    That's what I blog. I want to remember everything I possibly can. Memories, trials, triumphs. I don't ever want to forget what it was like to be a young mommy.

    ReplyDelete