Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cellulitis

So DH has spent two nights in the hospital--each time being sent home at 3 am. We are so tired! He does have cellulitis in his right lower leg. After the first IV antibiotics and then oral antibiotics all day yesterday it was much worse last night. Off we went back to the hospital. Thanking God for our cousins (like a second Mum and Dad) who came to sit with the kids at 10:30 pm last night.

They put in an IV line and gave DH another huge dose of a different antibiotic, plus another oral antibiotic. He has to go see the district nurse every day for three days to get more medicine by IV.

The good news is his leg looks a little better today. I think the new medicine is working. Hope so. Otherwise we will be back in the hospital on Thursday doing God knows what.

Had a nap this morning and just ate lunch--so I am feeling almost human again. Ready to face the grocery store and anything else I have to do today. :-)

1 comment: