So, we are on our third round of antibiotics and second round of steroids for Ian over the last 6 weeks. He has another ear infection, bronchitis, and his asthma is quite bad. We took him to the doctor on Friday and his ears were clear, but he was quite sick. He also had pink eye (conjunctivitis). Yay! By this afternoon (Sunday) he was even worse. Today his ear is bad again and his chest is horrible. He is so pale. Praying that by tomorrow with the steroids that he will be feeling a lot better.
By the time DH brought Ian home from the emergency clinic he was complaining of being dizzy and lightheaded. And his leg (shin was really sore). He's been complaining about that since last night. I had a look and it was really swollen and red and hot. We called his birth mom (whose a nurse) and she said take him the ER--it could be a DVT (blood clot). So, we called cousin Dave (Andy's Dad's first cousin) who took DH in to the hospital. That was 3 hours ago. He still hasn't been seen. He just called. If it is a blood clot they might admit him.
Not only have our kids been sick for so long (Cupake has tonsillitis and bronchitis week before last)--their babysitter has been sick two weeks. So they have been home for 2 weeks. Hoping to send Cupcake tomorrow. Poor baby, she is so tired of being stuck at home.
Ian is supposed to have the first part of his Baley's Scale test tomorrow afternoon. He had his first Occupational Therapy appointment two weeks ago and she was awesome. She has really gotten the ball rolling on getting him tested. She could see the obvious--like speech delays--but they need to do further testing about development. He is obviously very smart just not quite in the right ways. Like when he reads a book he does all of the animal noises instead of naming them. It's hard to explain. I'm not sure it's the best test for him, but it is a good place to start. The therapist is also really pushing his speech therapy visit.
Things have been crazy and tiring. I'm tired of being sick or nursing sickies. I want my kids and my hubby to feel better. I want to get to church on a Sunday morning for more than 1 week at a time. But I am not complaining--it could be so much worse. Just having DH at the hospital makes me appreciate him and our life so much more. Praying all is okay with him!
Oh--some good news--got our final approval for adoption. So we are making our family profile. It's a little hard to think about with DH at the hospital--but it would be so nice to have one more baby. Thank you all for the prayers. Keep them up!
By the time DH brought Ian home from the emergency clinic he was complaining of being dizzy and lightheaded. And his leg (shin was really sore). He's been complaining about that since last night. I had a look and it was really swollen and red and hot. We called his birth mom (whose a nurse) and she said take him the ER--it could be a DVT (blood clot). So, we called cousin Dave (Andy's Dad's first cousin) who took DH in to the hospital. That was 3 hours ago. He still hasn't been seen. He just called. If it is a blood clot they might admit him.
Not only have our kids been sick for so long (Cupake has tonsillitis and bronchitis week before last)--their babysitter has been sick two weeks. So they have been home for 2 weeks. Hoping to send Cupcake tomorrow. Poor baby, she is so tired of being stuck at home.
Ian is supposed to have the first part of his Baley's Scale test tomorrow afternoon. He had his first Occupational Therapy appointment two weeks ago and she was awesome. She has really gotten the ball rolling on getting him tested. She could see the obvious--like speech delays--but they need to do further testing about development. He is obviously very smart just not quite in the right ways. Like when he reads a book he does all of the animal noises instead of naming them. It's hard to explain. I'm not sure it's the best test for him, but it is a good place to start. The therapist is also really pushing his speech therapy visit.
Things have been crazy and tiring. I'm tired of being sick or nursing sickies. I want my kids and my hubby to feel better. I want to get to church on a Sunday morning for more than 1 week at a time. But I am not complaining--it could be so much worse. Just having DH at the hospital makes me appreciate him and our life so much more. Praying all is okay with him!
Oh--some good news--got our final approval for adoption. So we are making our family profile. It's a little hard to think about with DH at the hospital--but it would be so nice to have one more baby. Thank you all for the prayers. Keep them up!
Oh goodness, so sorry you are going through this. Take care and do update when you get a chance. Sending prayers and hugs.
ReplyDeleteHi Bonnie! I am sorry everyone is sick and am worried about Andy! Please give him (and yourself!) a big hug from me!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big your kids are getting--they grow way too fast!
Mary Glenn has an official big girl job in Birmingham and loves it, and has already gotten involved in a great church there!
Take Care!
Leslie
OHhhh, I know you feel. ;( It's so hard when it just seems to go on and on. I so hope everyone gets better soon. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!
ReplyDelete