Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Is it August already?

I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged or read blogs. We've had company non-stop for 10 days. Literally, DH's birth mother (Mimi) came on Saturday (July 30) and left on Thursday (Aug 4). Then DH's parents came on Thursday (Aug 4) and left just now (Aug 9). Trying to organize his parents and his birth mother visits is a little bit like having divorced parents who don't want to run into each other. Oh well. It's been a super fun week and the kids will be SO SAD to come home today with no grandparents in the house. I must admit that as hard as it is to have company all the time--having an empty house makes me sad too. Bring on the foster kids or a new baby--I am ready!

So, I haven't read blogs during this time and a blogger friend is expecting her 17th. Oh my goodness! I am so jealous! Check out her blog on my side bar--you can guess which one it is. Say a pray for her. We need to pray for a healthy Mom and a healthy baby!

We haven't gotten our final word from the adoption social worker. In fact I may give her a call now. Hang on just a minute...she didn't answer, I left a voice mail. We should be in the adoption pool any day now--waiting on baby number 3 we hope, we hope!!!

My counselling practice is starting to take off--slowly but surely. I have had one new client, who I referred on to a marriage specialist. And I have another new client to start this week. She is a referral through the District Health Board, which pays the best. Woo-hoo! Finally, a paying client. I am meeting this week with my partner to get our brochures and magnets ordered. Then later in the week we are meeting with the other ladies who are going to help write the trust for the counselling centre. I tell you what--I'm not even working 15 hours a week yet, but I already have a healthy respect for working mothers. It sure does squish up your time and make every second with your kids more precious!

So, we have had another birthday in the house. I no longer have two 3 year olds. Cupcake has turned the big "4." Can you believe it? I can't. She is so sweet and so precious. She is almost completely potty trained after a year of hard work. She is helpful and so kind to others. She LOVES her grandparents. On Sunday when they did birthdays during children's time--up the front of the sanctuary--when the pastor got to her and said give her a hand, she held up her arms as if to say "yes, clap for me." It was so cute. She is a ham--a bit like her Daddy and her Granny (my mother).

What else? I got my funding grant for counselling. So I will be pursuing membership with the big counselling group. Which will mean I can get more government funded clients, after a year. That is exciting. Right now I am still in the phase of worrying if I will ever have clients, but I fear in a year I could over run with clients. That would be a nice problem to have. Debt free here we come.

Okay, that's enough to catch you up for now. We are healthy and happy and waiting patiently to see what the Lord has in store for us.

3 comments:

  1. Wait. Don't "refer" people on to specialists!! Keep em! That means money!! :)

    All the best to you and soooo glad that things are going well. Hope your worker calls soon with GOOD NEWS. Would you be ok with three more RIGHT NOW? Am praying for you and A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheering for you! Onwards & Upwards, Farther in & farther Up! God Bless you abundantly with all the desires of your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such good news about everything!! :D

    ReplyDelete