WOW! So upset tonight. We just found out that our good friend here, who is also a pastor, is gay. He just spent like two hours in our garage confessing to DH. DH is one of like 3 people in the world who knows. He has only had one full on encounter and has been celibate since then (15 years), but he is really struggling now.
He is turning 40 this year. And I think he is feeling the pain of having been single his whole life. He feels like a hypocrite in the church and doesn't know how to feel about his sexuality. He says he doesn't actually know if he's gay or not. It's all just so sad. My heart is just breaking for him.
Mostly I hate that he is feeling so all alone and that his faith is being torn apart by this. He is leaving the church in a few months. Going back to his home country. And is going to take some time to figure out who he is. He may be leaving the ministry all together. His denomination would not even support him as a celibate person struggling with this.
I can't say any more. But please pray for our friend. He is a dear person. His parents are both dead and I know he feels very all along at the moment. We may be inviting him to stay with us until he leaves. I'm not sure. My heart is just so sad for him.
He is turning 40 this year. And I think he is feeling the pain of having been single his whole life. He feels like a hypocrite in the church and doesn't know how to feel about his sexuality. He says he doesn't actually know if he's gay or not. It's all just so sad. My heart is just breaking for him.
Mostly I hate that he is feeling so all alone and that his faith is being torn apart by this. He is leaving the church in a few months. Going back to his home country. And is going to take some time to figure out who he is. He may be leaving the ministry all together. His denomination would not even support him as a celibate person struggling with this.
I can't say any more. But please pray for our friend. He is a dear person. His parents are both dead and I know he feels very all along at the moment. We may be inviting him to stay with us until he leaves. I'm not sure. My heart is just so sad for him.
I dunno, I look on this as I would alcoholism. It's ok to struggle, not to have the "lifestyle," yk? I think it is going to be that much harder for him to even figure himself out when he is in the church ministry, so he sounds very wise taking time off to figure out what he really thinks and believes. I have prayed just now that things are clear for him, and that he can find some COMPASSIONATE help very soon. :(
ReplyDeleteBonnie: I've just never worked out what my response should be in situations like this. It is heartbreaking & always leaves me not knowing what to say at all. To condem is impossible, but to condone equally impossible. May the Lord grant you wisdom & your friend peace. ♥
ReplyDeleteWow, that is sooo hard. Poor guy. I don't believe God makes anybody gay but that it's a spirit. But that's my own personal opinion. He is a good man for talking with your husband and trying to seek answers. He's not just following his flesh, but trying to do what is right. I just feel so bad for him.
ReplyDelete