Monday, July 11, 2011

Potty Training Success

Super Big Girl in her matching outfit from Granny!
Very proud of herself.

Potty Training Boot Camp (PTBC)

So we are entering week number 3 of PTBC and having lots of success! Cupcake already has 14 stickers for this week and it's only been 2 days! She is doing really well. The problems we have had in the past of potty training making her constipation worse, haven't happened this time. Yay!

Bubba is having good success too. He is doing lots of wees in the potty and shows excellent holding skills! In fact he is so determined to wee when we put him on the potty that he squeezes and squeezes. Yesterday, he actually squeezed out a poo! No one was more surprised than him. It was so funny! He got two stickers for that one.

We are well on our way to having two potty trained kids at our house! I can't believe it. I'm not even sad about not having babies in diapers any more. I am just so grateful they are getting it. When we get a new baby--we will only have 1 in diapers (the new one), unless we get two at a time or something. :-) That will be so nice. It will save us about $100 a month.

Today we got an interesting call from the audiologist. Bubba saw him three weeks ago and he is just now getting around to sending the report. Funny because Bubba saw the pediatrician last week and we already got that report. Anyway, the audiologist is also recommending that he see a speech therapist. Bubba has good hearing--100% in his right ear and 70% in his left ear, but enough that it shouldn't effect his speech. In fact, they think the loss in the left ear is just fluid and they will retest him in a few months. But he is still going to recommend he see a speech therapist. This is good news! We could wait 4-8 months for speech therapy, but with two doctors recommending it maybe we will get in faster.

Still waiting on my practice certificate for counselling. I can't get registered for referrals until then. And still waiting to hear about office space. I feel like I am totally in limbo and I hate it. Also, haven't heard about my grant yet, but I am really hopeful. I have so much to do once it all comes together. In the mean time--it's just the same old stuff. Cleaning, laundry, cooking, cleaning, laundry, cooking...at least my sinus infection seems to be clearing.

That's all the news for now. More later.

3 comments:

  1. Try my life. ☺ I think I'm certifiably insane. Great news about the PT! It is such a milestone & one they get it kids can't believe they found it so hard. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having my first two trained and Charles and I shouting in victory! We were so excited about the savings and less work. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete