Yay! We had our first speech evaluation today. It was interesting. Bubba was fairly friendly and did do some talking. It's funny I was praying he didn't have a really good day and just talk a lot while we were there, because that would not have been representative of how he is most of the time. And we were good. The therapist is recommending him for speech therapy--it will be weekly. It make take a while for the referral to come through. She said he definitely met their criteria for help.
She also said it seems as if he functions all around as a 2 year old, which is not uncommon for a child with his history--to be mildly delayed. They usually catch up--especially when they have good parents. That was nice. I was a bit disappointed in a way that her advice was to do more of what we are already doing. It's not like I expected a magic pill, but any new tools would have been helpful.
Then I came home to get an email from my mother. My 81 year old father has a tumor between his ear and his brain making him dizzy. It's not really dangerous, but it does make it hard for him to walk around and he will probably never play golf again. He won't have it fixed. He says no surgeries for him. I don't think he's ever had any surgery come to think of it. Wow--even I've had like 6. Anyway, that was kind of weird. It means that Mom's availability to come see us is getting short.
My brother has been through his latest round of hospitalization for is PPH. It's really bad. He is now going through the process of getting on the list for a double lung transplant. He's 50. He has 3 kids and owns his own business. I miss him. He's always been a good big brother. Wish I could have been there to help this week, but I did get to talk to him on the phone which was really nice.
Not much else to report. My job interview went well last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it to me. And I have a new client. Yay! Still hopeful that if I get this job we might be able to get home next year for the big family reunion. Maybe I can catch up with friends in other places in the US too--that would be so nice!
AND--my BFF is coming to visit next year. We will both be having a big birthday next year--that shall remain nameless. And we are going to go to Australia for the weekend to celebrate. Won't that be fun? I can't wait.
She also said it seems as if he functions all around as a 2 year old, which is not uncommon for a child with his history--to be mildly delayed. They usually catch up--especially when they have good parents. That was nice. I was a bit disappointed in a way that her advice was to do more of what we are already doing. It's not like I expected a magic pill, but any new tools would have been helpful.
Then I came home to get an email from my mother. My 81 year old father has a tumor between his ear and his brain making him dizzy. It's not really dangerous, but it does make it hard for him to walk around and he will probably never play golf again. He won't have it fixed. He says no surgeries for him. I don't think he's ever had any surgery come to think of it. Wow--even I've had like 6. Anyway, that was kind of weird. It means that Mom's availability to come see us is getting short.
My brother has been through his latest round of hospitalization for is PPH. It's really bad. He is now going through the process of getting on the list for a double lung transplant. He's 50. He has 3 kids and owns his own business. I miss him. He's always been a good big brother. Wish I could have been there to help this week, but I did get to talk to him on the phone which was really nice.
Not much else to report. My job interview went well last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it to me. And I have a new client. Yay! Still hopeful that if I get this job we might be able to get home next year for the big family reunion. Maybe I can catch up with friends in other places in the US too--that would be so nice!
AND--my BFF is coming to visit next year. We will both be having a big birthday next year--that shall remain nameless. And we are going to go to Australia for the weekend to celebrate. Won't that be fun? I can't wait.
Oh Bonnie....there is no way you are having THAT birthday!!!! I am far too young for you to be THAT old.......:)
ReplyDeleteHonestly, those were some of the best and more productive years of my life. Now life in my current decade is all about feeling my age!