Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

This cat looks about like I feel today. Wet, sticky, and grumpy!

Had a great morning yesterday got loads of stuff done and was in a fantastic mood. I was filled with energy and just thoroughly enjoyed my day at home while the kids were at child care. Then DH came home for lunch and unloaded his morning on me. That was not special. But I kept on working and felt really good about what I got accomplished. I had big dreams of getting all the housework done last night because DH would see my hard work, come home and help. Nope. That's not what happened. Who could blame him after the morning he had?

By 6:30 pm the kids were in bed. Neither of them would go to sleep. Even though Cupcake didn't have a nap she was awake until 8:30. Bubba had a nap--we had to wake him up from it. Then he wouldn't go to sleep last night. He was up until 11 pm and after two bottles, one cuddle, and two talks he finally went to sleep.

Our child care lady is sick-again! So after just three days back they are home again today. Usually I don't mind--I love to spend time with them when I don't have clients, but I really wanted to get the house all back in order today after we all had the flu last week. It's raining and miserable. I thought, well, at least they will sleep late this morning since they were up late last night. Nope.

Woke-up at 5 am to get DH up to go to the gym. He didn't go. I got up at 6:30 to go to the store because we were out of city rubbish bags and today is rubbish day. I got home at 7:20 and nothing productive has happened while I was gone (DH is too tired he says) and the kids were already fighting. Yay.

Then get an email from friends that is not very nice. While I am trying to sort that out this morning DH starts telling me about finding pictures of our old dogs on his external hard drive yesterday and how he cried. By the time he finishes his story I am sobbing!

So--it is 10:15 am. I have put the kids to bed. They are tired and grumpy and so is Momma. I have done 1 load of wash, made some sweet tea, called the insurance people, made Bubba's ENT appointment (found out we have to pay upfront--how will we do that?) and basically done nothing else constructive. I'm tired, upset, and fighting the desire to go back to bed.

What happened to my great day yesterday? If it's all about attitude, then I guess it is up to me to change my attitude today and get back to being happy. Sounds easier said than done. Feeling a little bit like I live on a tiny island in the middle of the South Pacific millions of miles away from family and friends--oh wait--I do. Ha!

Oh yea--and my Dad thinks he had a stroke yesterday, but refuses to do anything about it. I much prefer problems I can fix--then more problems I can't fix. Maybe God is trying to teach me something. Hmm...?

2 comments:

  1. MMm. I rush round like a mad thing then when I stop a migraine kicks in & all motivation flies out the window. On days like that I do go back to bed! Never mind. New day tomorrow with no mistakes in it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I hope your father is mistaken!! Good grief... what stress...

    ReplyDelete