Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Beautiful Scenes from our Backyard

If you walk out of our yard, toward the river that borders our property--then go right a little ways--you will come to a part of the river where there is a little waterfall. Across the water are lovely farmlands and gorgeous cows! I love cows! They make me happy. Not only am I a big milk drinker (whole milk please and lots of it)--I just think cows are some of the sweetest looking things around. Aren't I lucky to live so close to something I love?

Still struggling a bit to find time to blog. It's not that I don't read blogs and even comment on them. I pray for my OL and RL friends. But working 10 hours a week is a lot harder than I imagined. It requires probably 10 hours of time to prep for it (clothes, ironing, lunches, etc.) and I try to spend a lot more time with my kids to compensate.

I love my work and we need the money. But I still struggle with a lot of guilt about leaving my kids. I know they love their child care provider and being away from Mum is a good thing at their ages so they learn a little bit of independence. It is especially helpful for Bubba, because it does impact his verbal skills and his ability to interact with others. But still--I feel guilty. I wanted to be SUPER MOM who found all of her fulfillment in her children. I guess, looking back, that was silly.

I LOVE being a Mom. But I also love being a counsellor. I just need to improve the balance in our lives. Telling myself that this week as we struggle to get over yet another round of sickness. Bubba was in the hospital all night Friday night and then at the doctor on Saturday for high fevers. It seems we all had the flu (Mum, Dad, and him). He is better now, but DH and I are still struggling a bit. I got some antibiotics and steroids yesterday for mine, which has now settled into a lovely sinus infection. Yuck!

Oh well--onwards and upwards. Bubba has occupational therapy tomorrow. And we have signed up for private health insurance through the church. Which means we will hopefully be able to get his ears done (grommets) before the end of the year. Praying that will solve his hearing problems and get him on the path to talking faster. Maybe we can even see a private Pedi and child psychologist faster in Auckland (big city--2.5 hours away--there are no private child specialists up here) and get him some more help faster. That would be great. So excited about that!

If you get a chance pray for our dear friends Simon and Judy. Their baby is being delivered today. Judy is 32 weeks pregnant, but the baby hasn't developed past the 26-28 week stage. He just isn't getting enough blood supply. So we are praying for a miracle for their little boy and strength for his lovely parents. Simon is an awesome Christian GP and Judy is a lawyer--young couple, fully committed Christians with big hearts for serving others.

2 comments:

  1. Trying again to comment... continued prayers for the baby and for your family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I so hope the baby will be okay.

    Please don't feel guilty about your 10 hour a week job. That is not bad at all. I know what you mean about all the prep work and stuff but you are still with them when you are doing the prep work. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete