DH is in the dog house today. Yup. And I'm not embarrassed to say it. Yesterday I was so mad at him I could have killed him. Why? I'll tell you.I had a doctor's appt yesterday afternoon. It took me about an hour and a half to go there, get my prescription filled, and get home. When I got here and opened the garage door--Bubba ran out. Which I knew immediately meant he was not being supervised. DH came from down the hall. That was fine.
As I was putting things away I discovered that Bubba had gotten into both of our bedside drawers and taken out all of the medicine. He had opened all of the bottles, poured some out, and lined up all the bottles along both sides of the bed. He had also gotten into my manicure/pedicure set and had out my foot scraper (which has a razor blade in it).
Oh my goodness. I lost it. Totally lost it! I screamed and cussed for probably 5 minutes. I'm sure our nosey neighbour heard me. DH finally confessed he had been in the living room (other end of the house) reading on his touch pad. The kids always use time with Dad to get away with murder, but this was beyond that. Who leaves their 3.5 year old with a penchant for getting into EVERYTHING and little understanding of things alone to get into stuff? My husband, apparently.
So, off I rush with the boy to the emergency clinic. Not sure if he swallowed anything--expecting a dose of ipecac syrup. But it was too late for vomiting to do any good. The doctor checked him over and decided he was probably fine. The only thing he could have swallowed that might hurt him was some anti-inflammatory med. The other stuff (anti-biotics, etc.) would just give him diarrhoea. He was fine last night, but did wake-up with a diaper full of diarrhoea.
Still angry with DH. He just doesn't seem to get that he needs to present and accountable while he is home. My mother thinks I shouldn't leave the kids alone with him anymore. Not sure it's that extreme. How about we just work on making sure our door is closed (it has a child proof nob)?
Anyway--the good news from yesterday is that Bubba was finally diagnosed with significant hearing loss in his left ear. It can be corrected with a hearing aid. So they fitted him for one yesterday. It will be here in 4-6 weeks. We are so excited and really hopeful that this will help with his speech delays. Fingers crossed!
Aaaah, does your mom not know you cannot do EVERYTHING?? Yes, your DH really dropped the ball this time and I hope it scares him straight. Last thing you want is for social services or whatever to get wind that this kind of thing happens... that would be it for your ability to adopt.
ReplyDeleteI know stuff happens, and happens to everyone, but it sounds like more than a few minutes' lapse in care for I NEED to go poopie time or whatever. :(
Good Grief.....hopefully your DH (who we all know that I am extremely fond of!) has learned his lesson!!! So give him a pop (and I don't mean soda) and a hug from me..:)
ReplyDeleteGlad Bubba is OK, glad for the hearing aids!
Oh my gosh, I can see why you were mad! That is soooo scary. Guys in general seem to struggle in that area. My husband will be playing video games when I'm out. I'll get back and all the kids are starving, the house looks like a tornado hit, and there will be spills everywhere. One time I came back and my baby was eating dog food. He's gotten better since I've had to freak out a few times but moms just seem good at keeping right on the kids.
ReplyDelete