Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ummm...?

This is sort of how I've been feeling lately. Like a need a private island and no you cannot come with me. Just when I thought the kids had outgrown the need to follow me to the bathroom--suddenly there is no privacy in my house. And Sissy is in the adorable (most of the time) phase of life where she talks non-stop and asks even more questions. DH was driving me nuts, but we are now having a moment of clarity, which is nice. This means he is living in the house and actually participating in our lives--not just hanging out and doing his own thing. Nice!

Still I have been filled with anxiety lately and I don't know why. It could be any number of things--like worrying about my brother or money or work or weight or the kids. But it feels like that sense of impending doom. So instead of letting it linger I just keep rebuking it in the name of Jesus and it goes away.

Had a blood test this week. Looks as if the big D is definitely coming. The doctor called and wants to see me on Tuesday. I guess they will do the all day sugar test, but it looks like I am finally crossing the line into diabetes. Yuck! I have been fighting it for years. I was first diagnosed with policystic ovarian syndrome in 1993, which means insulin resistance (or borderline type 2 diabetes). I took medication for years--hoping to ovulate if my blood sugar normalized. But nothing ever happened. Now after the better part of 3 years with no medication--I am going to be diagnosed. It kind of sucks. But I guess treating it is better than ignoring it.

Working on the spiritual issues surrounding my food addiction. Not a fun process.

Got a call that the pediatrician has referred Bubba to the developmental assessment team, which will include testing for autism and ADHD. His hearing aid should be here in a few more weeks. And we are still waiting on speech therapy to begin this year. We have also been referred to a special group that works with deaf kids and speech/developmental stuff, but the audiologist told us not to get our hopes up. They usually don't take kids who are only partially deaf. Hmmm...

Struggling a bit with needing to write New Year's letters to the birth mothers. I didn't write them at Christmas as usual. One is in prison again (wonder who has her new baby) and one is still running the streets with her 6 month old daughter. It just makes me angry.

Good news--we've been asked by a large children's welfare group in NZ to speak on drug babies. That would be interesting and perhaps a way to help others.

Find myself praying every night as I go to sleep that God will bring us one more baby through adoption here.

So looking forward to May. Not because it's my birthday--inspite of it. My BFF is coming over from Texas and we are flying off to OZ! Spending 3.5 days in Sydney. I am so excited--I can hardly wait! This will be my first ever real vacation. Little nervous about being a different country than my children, but hoping with enough training DH can manage fine without me for a few days.

Cleaning a lot lately. Just find that I need order in my life at the moment. This probably means I should be seeking internal order, but it's easier to start with the external stuff. :-)

2 comments:

  1. A cluttered house clutters the mind. I know how you feel. There are just so many other things going on and the last thing we want to worry about is a cluttered home to add more. I know it doesn't sound like much coming from me but God can give us peace even through the storms of life, through all the craziness. One time my chest was hurting, I was crying, and I felt so much anxiety and God spoke to me through a song. I went in my room when it was completely dark, turned on the Christian radio to drown out my thoughts and the song "Peace be Still" by Rush of Fools was playing. Literally when I turned it on, the song had just started at that second. The room filled with peace and I knew God was trying to tell me He is in control. Ask him and he will bring peace through all the mind troubles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On that island, if you could get only healthy portions of good food delivered and no more, only think how skinny you will be in 6 months. I wish I could come with you because my butt is way too big too. :)

    PS. GL on your tests!!

    ReplyDelete