Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm Supposed to Be Cleaning and Packing...nah.

Had a super fun girl's day out with Sissy yesterday. We went to pick-up a few t-shirts to take to my brother and his family. Then we went to get towels for the new guest bath (big sale at Briscoe's, 60% off). Then we went to the grocery store. We sang the whole time. We love to make-up songs. Popped into the chemist before the grocery store and she asked about getting her ear's pierced. We had talked about it a couple of weeks ago--since Bubby got his "robot ear." They had time and I had $25, so there you go. She was a very brave girl!

Before picture

Marking the spot

Two ladies at once to minimize the fear factor

Checking out her new gold earrings

After...you can't see them, but they are there!

She has already learned to wash her hands before she touches them and that we clean them twice a day. She is so proud. I have never seen a child who is in such a hurry to grow up. She really loves it!

Bubby had a bad day again yesterday. Just his normal cold and asthma stuff. We tried melatonin Friday night and it has the opposite effect on him. Last night he went down at 5 pm, after no nap in the day time. And slept until 9:30 am this morning. I didn't wake him up because he is a bit sick. But I don't know what to do about his sleeping. I posted a question on FB if any of my friends want to help--you mothers of ADHD and Autistic kids.

We have always had a routine of bath, dinner, bed. It's always been relatively the same time--6 pm. Since he gave up afternoon naps it's sometimes earlier depending on how tired he is. Because if we miss that window and he gets his second wind--he's up till 10 pm. Some nights he takes 2-3 hours to settle down to sleep. Some night he wakes up as often as every 2-3 hours. We do the whole strong reinforcement thing--you know "go back to sleep, it's not time to get up yet." We don't reward him with drinks or cuddles, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

He's always had trouble, but he would fall into a routine for several months. Then we would have some trouble for a few weeks. This time there has been no settling into a routine for 3-4 months. It's getting really tiring! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am supposed to be cleaning today and packing, but nah. Instead I am sitting here on my blog and on FB. I want to take a nap, but can't. Why I am so unmotivated? Should get my passport back tomorrow and may still get to leave tomorrow night. Not sure. DH's birth mother is coming up to spend the week with him and help with kids. It's amazing to me that it takes 2-3 women helping to replace one wife/mother. That's kind of nice though.

Okay--better get something done today.


4 comments:

  1. Cupcake is SO GROWN UP. And I love her hair done that way, such a pretty style!

    You are right, you are not poor. I hope you have a lovely, HAPPY trip that will be remembered the rest of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ADHD and I wake up several times a night. it really stinks. Some times I just really want a nights rest. ADHD follows up through adulthood but I guess there are ways to treat it naturally. However, I'm seriously tempted to get some help once I am done nursing this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember well the desire for pierced ears. Among Kate and MG's first words were "earrings" and "lipstick." Cupcake's pics are adorable!

    Have a safe trip, you and your family are in my prayers, and I love the comment about it taking 2-3 women to replace 1 mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that sounds like my first born Chaz! He stopped napping at 2 and so I had to put him to bed at 7:30pm. He would then sleep through the night but we had to sit by the door, daddy had to do it, and put him in bed over and over and over. He had learned to climb out of his crib by 10 months old so it was frustrating.

    ReplyDelete