Had to start with cute pictures of the kids. Sorry if these are repeats from FB for you. The first one is of Sissy and Bubby in bed with us--she is on the Android Pad and he is on the Smart Phone--both playing games. Too funny. I think that day they let us sleep until like 9 am.
The second picture is of Bubby at the table. I had the camera out doing stuff. He came over and said, "smile," which means take a picture of me. So, I did. Then he wanted to see it. When he did, he said, "Hi, Ian." Too cute! He's been so precious lately.
Today is ANZAC day here--on Wednesday right in the middle of the week. Wednesday is our child care day. We sent the kids on to school and DH and I have a day off to ourselves. Woo-hoo! Just hanging out, talking, doing laundry, and eating chili dogs for lunch. I have to work tonight--bummer. In fact the rest of this week is C-R-A-Z-Y busy. We have audiology on Friday (new hearing aid--ear part), meeting with the priest at the primary school on Friday for enrollment possibility, new group therapy class I am co-leading starts tomorrow, then I have two clients tomorrow, one client on Friday morning, pedi appointment on Monday about Bubby's not sleeping, and speech therapy on Tuesday morning. Whew! Plus DH is preaching again on Sunday--he just preached last Sunday.
A week from Saturday I leave for OZ with my BFF for our birthday celebrations. I have heaps of cleaning up to do. Still cleaning up after last week's company left. Oh and the in-laws are coming up to help DH with the kids while I am gone for 3.5 days. I can't wait for the trip. I am going to celebrate all over Sydney!
In the mean time I have to work on speech therapy stuff for Bubby. I am supposed to be working on a speech inventory. He is trying to talk quite a bit. Still screaming a lot too. As evidenced by a visit from our lovely (not) neighbour yesterday who wanted to know why he is so loud--it gives her a headache. They had been outside yesterday for several hours playing on the first lovely afternoon we've had in a while. DH handled it well. I would not have been as polite. But he did tell her about Bubby's hearing aid and developmental stuff. I hate that someone like her has to know stuff like that, but really our neighbours should know about his issues just in case he ever runs off or needs help.
Friday is the big meeting with the primary school. We have met with the director and gotten the paperwork started. But we have to have the whole family meet with the priest. The school only allows 5% of the enrollment for non-Catholics. In order to get a "preference" card we have to prove a connection to a Catholic relative. My mother did join the Catholic church in the 50's, so we are in the process of retrieving her sacrament records. She is supposed to be at the meeting, which is impossible since she is in America, but she has written a letter. We are hoping that will be enough.
I am still not really convinced that I want to send Sissy to school and not homeschool from the start, but it is clear that Bubby requires a lot of attention right now. We have 4-5 appointments a month for him that require a lot of work at home. It is easier for him to concentrate while he is with me one on one and I do sincerely want Sissy to have an experience that is just hers. She is so bright and so sociable. She LOVES the idea of school--is it wrong to think that she deserves some time just to be herself?
The only other private schools in our town are quite radical in their faith statements and practices. One, at which Sissy's best friend is attending, doesn't believe in psychology or treatment for depression. If you are a Christian you should have enough faith to conquer depression. How I could I send her there when psychology is my profession? The other school is big on spiritual gifts, which we believe in, but they do things like insist that everyone will speak in tongues. I don't believe that's how it works. The Catholic school is actually the closest to our personal faith and practices.
A little bit stressed about Bubby's stuff, along with school stuff, my brother's stuff, then our regular stuff. Trying to work it out without overeating, over spending, or over sleeping. Probably, in all honestly, a little bit stressed about my birthday coming up. Aging and growing up sucks! Don't get me started on my baby girl turning 5 in August. Seriously?!
Martin is still waiting on the list for his heart and lung transplant. He's hanging in there. Mom is getting ready to go spend a month or two with him in California. Hoping to be there when the transplant happens.
That's all the news that's fit to print. Waiting, hoping, working, planning, organizing, washing, cooking, cleaning, playing, loving...
Hi there! I was just popping on to wish everyone a happy ANZAC day tomorrow. Um. And it sounds like it is almost over??? It is still Tuesday here. My bad.
ReplyDeleteYou need to do what is best for you all right now. Sissy will be fine. She is under God's covenant & His protection. The Catholic schools tend to be very good out here. Heaps better than public.
ReplyDelete♥♥♥ God bless.
Yay! Your little girl gets to go to school and if that's what she wants and has a great school, then that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteWell, I am a Christian but my son gets help too. My pastor preaches that of course we want our kids to be healed but doctors are a gift from God. Luke was a doctor.