We've officially been in the system again as Foster Caregivers for 1 week and we got the call today. There are two children in need of care--a one year old boy (named "T") with facial injuries and a broken bone and his seven year old sister (named "M") whose been his little Mummy. They were uplifted last night from a domestic violence call. They've been in hospital all day--still waiting to be discharged and it's 6:30 pm here.
There are 3 other siblings who were also removed, but were sent to another caregiver. We've been told that this will be a "short placement." But this was from the same social worker who told us that with our first two foster kids and they were with us almost a month, before they were moved on to new carers. Whatever happens we are prepared for 1 night or 1 year or even forever/
We got the call today around lunch time. So I have been waiting all day. I am both anxious and excited. Can't wait to get my hands on that baby and hopefully share some love with the little girl. But also a bit nervous--that's a good thing, keeps us on our toes. There are always so many issues with foster kids. Bless their little hearts.
DH is sleeping with our kids in our room tonight. I will be sleeping with the new kids. I had the talk with Bubby and Sissy on the way home from school today about being kind, sharing, etc. Also had to talk about not being alone with them--they always need an adult present, especially Mummy or Granny. Male figures can be scary to foster kids. Sigh.
So if you think about us this week--say an extra prayer. There are five little displaced people today--very scared and quite hurt. I know there are millions of others all over the world, but right now I know about these five and they need all the prayers they can get.
Wow. Love to you, many prayers, much grace. I hope for wisdom and a SPEEDY permanent decision of some kind! Nothing else is fair to those kids.
ReplyDeleteHow sad. Stew and I wanted to be foster parents until we ended up with Brylee and Griffin full time, forever. I hope the two littlies settle in well, for however long you have them.
ReplyDelete