Has it really been two months since I blogged? Wow. That's just crazy! I guess I've been busy. I am the new Children's Ministry Facilitator at our church. Well, sort of. I've been doing the job for free for two months. And even though I am more than qualified and they had no other candidates--I had to interview for it last week. They haven't told me yet, but I am assuming I got the job. We'll see. I told DH how silly this is, especially since I have been doing it for two months. Like if I wasn't doing a good job already or wasn't a good person for the job, why let me do it at all. Anyway, it's supposed to be a part time job, but it's really more like full time. I love it though. Great to be back in ministry type work and great because it's just across the road and great to be working with DH. Yep. Great.
Granny got back from America. She had a lovely time visiting my siblings. We are glad she is home. She helps with everything! So nice for us. Still haven't heard about her residency yet. But we remain hopeful. In any case she still has a year on her Grandparent's Visa.
Bubby is doing okay at school. Finally got his hearing aid replaced. Lucky for us the Ministry of Education paid to replace it. :-) We are waiting on his prescription for ADHD medicine. Going to give it a try. His teacher this year scores him off the charts and we do too. So, just waiting on funding approval for his meds. Also waiting on a referral for Sensory Integration Disorder testing coming up in a few months. He did spend a harrowing three days in hospital last month for the worst asthma attach of his 5 years. It was pretty scary. When we got there we didn't realize just how close to losing him we were. He was down to %65 oxygen and was cyonotic and hypoxic. Anyway, got that sorted after three days of oxygen and round the clock breathing treatments. He's doing much better now with a new maintenance asthma medication. Still not sleeping through the night most nights, but he is doing it without a pull-up. He was embarrassed to wear one at the hospital, so he sort of decided himself it was time to sleep in undies. Yay!
Olivia is great. Challenging her boundaries whenever she gets a chance, but also very sweet! She is so smart. She did cut of a chunk of her hair in the front. Fortunately it actually made a cute little fringe, but I didn't tell her that.
I saw the rheumatologist last week. No news on that yet. Had some x-rays and new blood tests. He is leaning towards my inflammation markers being high because of infection at the time of the last test. But I think he is wrong. Trying to hopeful though.
DH is doing well. Enjoying his work more. Working hard! Finishing his last course at University before his dissertation to complete his Master's degree finally (10 years in the making). Going on a leadership and preaching course in July, excited about that. His Mum had a heart procedure done last month which ended with her having a pacemaker put in. She got pneumonia in the process, but is much better now. We are planning a trip down to Tauranga over the school holidays to see them. That will be fun.
That's really all I know at the moment. Just trying to live life the best that we can each day. Stresses come up, but God is good.

Wow, they are just almost preteens, I'm telling ya. I hope this latest bunch of meds and hearing aids helps Bubba.
ReplyDeleteREAL name alert on the Sissy in your post, you may want to edit. I love her hair, can't tell from pic that she cut it.
How is WW going for you? I have to be very, very slow because when I lose too fast I pop a hernia. Did it three times already. So now it's been since September eating juuust a little less than I need and am almost 20 pounds down. Which is sooo slow, but sounds like a lot looking back. :)