Monday, February 10, 2014

WW Monday

Well, I looked everywhere for a picture for this post, but I couldn't find any. Just wanted to brag a little about my first weigh-in after week 1 of being back on Weight Watchers. I lost 2 lbs. Yay.

We re-joined again last week, both DH and myself. It was encouraging even when we joined, because since the last time I had been a member in 2011 I was down 23 lbs. Now 25 lbs. Yay! That means I am still down 48 lbs from my heaviest weight in 2007. I don't feel like I weigh 48 lb lesss than I ever did--I just feel fat, but I am glad that I haven't gone that far backwards. In fact I didn't go backwards at all.

Poor DH, you know, decided he wanted to do the weight loss surgery this year, but he can't. He has no complications from his weight (even though he weighs about 120 lbs more than I do). I, on the other hand, have diabetes and my RA (still waiting to see the rheumatologist) and can have the surgery. Finally decided I would go for it, since I qualify and it would be free for me, the doctor has referred me, but I haven't heard anything yet. You have to lose at least 10% of your body weight before they will approve you for it. I may do so well on WW that I don't go through with the surgery. But I have to tell you, either way, I am getting pretty excited about the possibility of being a lot healthier by the end of this year. That's my goal.

I want to be off my blood pressure medicine and to no longer be diabetic. Those two things would be amazing!

Hope that I can keep DH encouraged through this process. He needs to lose weight before it impacts on his health. We need him in our family--we can't live without him and don't want to. Our children will never know their birth father's (neither birth mother knows who they are), but they have an amazing Dad who knows what it's like to be adopted and they need him to be there throughout their lives. So, that is another goal--to keep going and to keep him encouraged.

Yay! Week 1 done and dusted. More fruit and veg. No artificial sweetener, have cut them out. And no junk food. I feel like I have more energy already. Thank you Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment