Looks to be another gorgeous, but very hot day. Why it has taken this country so long to use air conditioning technology is beyond me. We live in a house that isn't even two years old and we don't have a "heat pump" (heater/air conditioner--looks nothing like the units or central units in America). Most businesses don't even have them. Our church doesn't have one. It would cost like $250,000 to put one in at the church. There are people who don't even come to church in January and February because it is so hot. Yesterday it was up past 95 F/35 C. The kids were miserable. Bed time is so hard, because at 6:30-7 pm it is still so hot. We have fans, of course, by my little missy (the one who has febrile convulsions with a temp over 100F) hates her fan. She unplugs it, turns it off, and turns the wall switch off every night. Anyway, it is a beautiful sunny day--not a cloud in the sky day--but already very hot.
Yesterday was DH's first day back at work. It was so nice to be back to church. The kids LOVED it. We had no idea they had missed it so much. In fact they both stayed with us in worship until all of the others left for their programs. They haven't done that in forever. Of course, usually I am back in the nursery setting up, but yesterday we had good people on. Next week, I'll be in the nursery as I am on duty.I can't wait to give back the nursery coordinator duties to the lady who has done it for years--its her passion. Her "new baby" is 5 months old already. They aren't even coming to church regularly yet. People must have thought I was crazy last year for moving countries with a 4 mos old and bringing him to church every week. It's not unusual here to just not see a family for 4-6 months after the birth of a new baby. Which is nice I guess, but I don't know how you get anything done.
DH preached last night and he said it rocked! They had over 100 people there, which for night church is a lot. They had two baptisms. One was a girl from a non-Christian family whose parents came to support her. Another was a girl whose family immigrated here from Yugoslavia a few years ago. So sweet.
Today is supposed to involve a trip to the park for exercise and play. Lots of laundry and cleaning. Small group tomorrow night. Can't let Tuesday sneak up on me. And a friend from church has asked if she can hang out here every Tuesday afternoon while two of her boys have music lessons around the corner. That will be fun. We'll see how much we get done.
My diet has to reappear today. I have gained more weight and am now two lbs heavier than I was at the beginning of January. It must end! I have to start moving in the right direction. So, menu planning needs to be on the agenda today.
Claiming loads of energy for the day and telling myself that I feel great--in Jesus name!
Wow, I have heard of families staying home for a couple of weeks, but never FIVE MONTHS!! By that time, often I'm pregnant with the next baby...
ReplyDelete:P