Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too much to say...

The last few days have been so full of so much, that I struggle to know what to say. Here is a list of what's been happening. Please feel free to pray, where I note a prayer needed.

  • [Prayer] A young man named Angus, who tried to commit suicide last year and many of your prayed for him, has tried to kill himself again. He is back at home, but the family members are beside themselves--to say the least.
  • [Prayer] I have a friend who is in the very early days of a new pregnancy and needs prayers that the desires of her heart will be met.
  • [Prayer] A friend from church is expecting. She suffered a miscarriage last year and has a 3 year old daughter. They are immigrants from Zimbabwe. Her husband is a lion tamer at the local lion park and witnessed the horrible death of a co-worker last year--an attack by a tiger there. Anyway, the news on this baby is not good. The kidneys are too large. The urine has had to be drained once already. The doctors say if the kidneys are too big there will not be room for the heart and lungs to develop. They told her it could correct itself still, but that it would be a miracle. We are praying for that miracle!
  • I have a great concern over the above post--our church pastoral care person is the main carer for this woman. But our pastoral care person has no hope and no room for miracles. She told DH yesterday that she has tried everything she could to talk the mother into terminating her pregnancy and not having "false hope." DH said, "why don't we pray for a miracle?" And the pastoral care person said, " we could, but we all know it won't happen." This is the same woman I have to deal with on the camp team, etc. This is part of why I struggle so to deal with her. She is grieving the death of her husband three years ago and she seems to still be angry with God and her faith is greatly impacted. But when she admits to telling a mother who needs a miracle that its impossible--I just think she has gone too far and needs some intervention from the pastors. Good thing I am not one, just a pastor's wife.
  • We got turned down for our home loan because of my residency status. Oh well. At least now I don't have to move in the middle of ladies camp and my mother's visit in April.
  • I am recovering our two couches. I'll post pictures when it is all done.
  • It's raining and gross and muggy today. No breeze. Yuck!
  • I have a ladies camp meeting tonight.
  • I am officially no longer the interim nursery coordinator--Yay!
  • [Prayer] We are actively praying for and trying for a baby--you know the old fashioned way. Please pray that we will experience a miracle of our own this year.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, praying through with you and most sad to hear about Angus. I am just so sorry to hear this.

    Not sure how to pray on the house!! Maybe you aren't, either. :)

    ReplyDelete