Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date Night

Last night was date night. The first one we've had in over a year. It was so much fun. We were so tired yesterday that we almost cancelled, but I was determined we were going to make it. We even had a babysitter lined up.

So after a mad dash to clean the kitchen and lounge, feed the kids, and put them down early (hoping they'd be asleep before we left) we got ready for our date. I got all dolled up. DH was looking for his shorts and a polo. I said, "Um, no--I didn't wash my hair and put on make-up so you could wear shorts and a polo." He put on his nice jeans and a nice shirt that matched my outfit. How sweet!

The sitter arrived, a very sweet 19 year old from church, we had never used her before. Cupcake was still awake (after an hour in bed) so we got her up to meet the sitter. She loved her right from the start. This was amazing. She is usually so bashful with strangers. So we left her up with the sitter and we went on our date.

Date night started with dinner at our favorite place, including: appetizers, beer, main course, dessert and coffee. Then we went on the movies. We were going to see Edge of Darkness, but it started too late. So we saw Avatar. Avatar rocked!!! We absolutely loved it. I didn't want it to end--I just wanted to keep living with the blue people. Strangely, it just reminded me of the vast power we have in Jesus Christ. I came home fired up to practice tapping into the power of faith. DH loved it too!

The only downside to the evening was that when we got home at 11:30 pm both of the kids were still up with the sitter. They had loads of fun playing, but we're crazy wired. Cupcake was up at 5:30 am crying and wouldn't go back to sleep, not even in our bed. Bubba was up about 7 am. They napped from 10 am to 12 pm today, but they were cranky all day. It probably doesn't help that it was like 95 F here today and no air conditioning. If we do get to buy this other house we are putting in a heat pump (heater/air conditioner).

We loved date night. We loved the movie. We loved our new sitter (except for the leaving the kids up thing). But we need to find cheaper date nights or only do it once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment