We are entering the last/third week of DH's vacation. Well, this was actually last year's vacation time that he never took. Being on vacation is hard work. I am exhausted!
I bought this book yesterday. I decided that if I am going to read I want to read Christian fiction. I know, I know. I'm not trying to hide away from the world, but I get so tired of finding a promising book only to discover it is full of kinky weird stuff that I don't really want in my brain. This Francine Rivers' book is awesome! I have almost finished it. I guess I will have to check our library for more. I can't afford to keep buying them at $20 a pop, except that then I can share them with others.
We went to the shopping center to walk around today--looking at smaller TVs. DH has said he would sell his BIG TV for the right price and that we would buy a smaller one that will fit in our corner unit. All of this in preparation, just in case we move to the smaller house. That was kind of a depressing venture. The smaller TVs are still $600 and we got this lovely, big 42 inch, plasma TV for free.
Anyway, the kids threw huge tantrums when we tried to walk over to the grocery store. Cupcake was mad because I threw out her melted ice cream cone. Bubba was mad, because I took Cupcake out of the stroller. Everyone was staring at us and not just the usual--how did those white people end up with two black babies kind of stare. I told Cupcake if she didn't straighten up ( I sound like my mother) that we were leaving. She didn't. So we left.
We decided to stop by the park to let them run off some energy on the way home. That seemed okay, until we wanted to leave. Bubba was fine until Cupcake threw a huge, down on the ground, tantrum. Then they both screamed all the way to the car. Can you say terrible two's, times two? Yup--29 mos and 19 mos makes for two toddlers vocalizing their independence.
It's 7:10 pm. The kids are in bed and I ready to follow right behind them.

A. Follow behind them
ReplyDeleteB. Lori Wick is a great christian author...love her
c.so is Karen Kinsbury
D I never ever experinced one tempertantrum with any of my children....NOT ONE.......then the Lord blessed us with Brighton....
5 months old and he threw himself on the floor...he is getting better now ...just have to show the wooden spoon and say get up and he does...just wish he wouldnt do it to begin with....Oh and the spoon is bright blue so when out I can show the handle out of my hand bag and he understands.....bet they will be leaders one day with their strong wills
Sleep well mummy
This post gets me worried that as your children age, when they are naughty they'll be viewed as the "naughty BLACK kids" instead of the "naughty KIDS." If this is how people are out there, I triple applaud you for considering homeschool or private ed.
ReplyDeleteAnd can you just remodel the new house so the tv fits?? Or just put it on the longest wall, no matter which one that winds up to be?? Seems a shame to pitch the tv.