Last night was a hard night. Bubba has developed a bad habit of waking up in the night (around 3:30-4 am) wanting a bottle or a cuddle. So, the crying started early last night. Usually, DH will get up with him, but I encouraged him to stay in bed and try to ignore it. I could tell from the crying that it was a whine and not a serious "I'm in trouble" cry. Try explaining that one to your husband. They don't get it. DH finally gave in and went in there only to find out he just wanted attention. BUT--the damage was done. I couldn't go back to sleep. I was struggling in bed with horrible heart burn, worried and stressed about the meeting at the bank today. I hate to worry, but I am very good at it. So, I took a Zantac and just kept praying while trying to stay in bed.
When it came to getting ready to leave the house (shower, make-up, etc.). I found something horrible. My first GRAY HAIR! Yup. Right on my head--growing straight out of my forehead. I was shocked and I nearly cried. I'm not so vain about how it looks, but what it means. I am getting OLD!
We left the house in a rush, running late to drop the kids at our sitters house (our kind, older cousin). Guess who we got to meet at the house? The birthmother (C) and the new baby we were hoping to adopt last month. She was there. No warning to us. That was interesting. We were very sweet and friendly and honestly, genuinely concerned for her and would be happy to be a link in her support system. But just didn't expect to have be such Big People today. It might have been a good thing that I was already so stressed about the home purchase thing that I didn't allow myself much time to think of anything else.
Got down town, couldn't find a place to park. Met with the banker, realized we didn't have all of our paperwork (thanks to me). So, the meeting took longer than expected. We were able to get most of it online. Rushed back to pick up the kids. Didn't have time to stay for lunch, but offered to meet with C some other time. Got home too late to meet a lady who was coming to pick-up things she bought from us on TradeMe. And we still need to clean house for small group which starts tonight--oh and cook too.
Lordy, lordy, I think I feed off of chaos. Please continue to pray for this home purchase. It seems to be a blessing, but still depends on a lot of things to go right. And I hope to get through it all without accumulating any more gray hairs!
YOWWW! Zoink! Talk about unexpected! All I can say is, it's a good thing your kids are younger or there would be a whole lot of explaining and talking going on just when you DON'T want to be explaining and talking. Wow.
ReplyDelete