Well, even though I am constantly reminding myself just how good my life is and that I have so much to be thankful for--I still get tired and just need to rest. So much has been going on lately between church, the kids being sick, and making huge decisions like buying a house. I am exhausted. I feel like I am getting a cold. But I feel as if I am almost over tired and can't rest. I hate for things to be unsettled. It drives me nuts!
Nothing new to report. We have decided to wait for pre-approval from the bank before making an offer on the house. They may or may not have a problem with my residency, even if DH is the sole name on the title. I do have a residency permit, but as long as I am under a two year returning resident visa (meaning I can stay in the country forever, if I choose to leave even just for a visit I have to have returning resident visa which has to be renewed every two years) the bank may not see that as permanent residency. In a few years I can apply for an indefinite one or become a citizen. The bank may not approve that, because they could be concerned that if I had to leave that DH would leave as well--not keep the house, yada, yada, yada...Good news is we have been loaned the money we need to show the bank that are serious about this process. Maybe that will help. And if we don't use it to buy a house we can just give it back.
We have been selling some things we didn't need that were just taking up space, which is always a good thing to do. We have even sold the Wii, because we weren't using it. If we sell the big TV there is hardly any point in keeping the Wii anyway. I am sick and tired of the TV being the center of our home. I am okay with the occasional movie or that kind of thing, but our TV seems to go all the time. It's not good for any of us. Trying to convince DH of that is another story.
I am feeling really spiritually dry at the moment. I keep begging DH for some spiritual leadership in our house. He is a pastor, after all. But I get very little response. It doesn't seem to matter how much I cry or beg--he would rather read a book on church than lead his family in devotions or even just pray with us. It's sad. We need his leadership, but I have hard time convincing him of that.
So, I have a huge headache--migraine style--and a sore throat. I guess I will go back to bed. I hope I get more done today than just laundry. Wishing I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup--they don't sell them here. Sniff...sniff...
LOL The problem with Reese's peanut butter cups is that ONE of us is always doing the "warm weather thing," so it would be tough to time a good shipment. Mayyyybe when your girlie winter things come I can time it so it isn't too hot here and is cooling off there. Put 'em in a ziplock bag and hope for happy deliveries. If you want me to... I know I would probably eat them all in one sitting if I missed 'em too much so maybe that's a dangerous proposition if we're talking a three pound "fun pack" LOL.
ReplyDeleteBonnie, have you been doing devotions with the children? I am not very consistent anymore about it, but I was *really good* there for about 10 years when "Patrick and G" were younger until recently (last couple of years). Now we read the Bible in our homeschool either a LOT or not at all and I think that's ok (as in, a full chapter every couple days instead of a few verses a day). I actually feel better about that as you can see the verses in context and I want to really BUDGET for that time. My Bible stuff with the kids consists of me pointing to pictures of rainbows and Jesus in the picture Bible. MAYBE someone paying attention occasionally. :)
Anyway, my husband is not going to church etc, but I still MUST BE the example to the youngsters. It is unfair that he will not be. It is wrong. There is no excuse. But you and I have to do what we can in the absence of clear leadership in the home in this area. I do understand how frustrating this is, believe me I do.
But we have to go on! At least with your dh being a pastor, he shows up to church so if you're sick, EVERYONE doesn't have to miss! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to church doggone ILL because I don't want others missing out. Then I'm hiding in the bathroom during the "shake hands with everyone" part of the service so I don't spread cooties... but I don't want to tell them that! ((hug))