One project finished, only ga-zillion more to go. Here are the finished couches, dining chairs, rocking chair and ottoman. I started this weeks ago. My first idea was to leave the white-ish slip covers on the base of the couches and make new cushion covers in the green fabric you see under Cupcake. Well, I tried to dye one of the slip covers. It didn't work. I tried to fix it, it didn't work. I am not quite good enough to make a new slip cover. So, I reverted to my old stand by and I just recovered the sofas. I did, however, recycle the zips from the old cushion covers. All of my new covers are removable and washable. I am very impressed with myself.
You can see what was going to be the new seat cushions under Cupcake.
And the beginning of the new upholstery on the arm.
Here is the completed product.
All of the cushion covers unzip, even the round pillow.
The other sofa and our rocker.
Another view...
The rocker--my stripes look crooked in the photo.
Oh well...
We bought the four chairs on TradeMe for $100.
They have new seat covers.
I love it! It's authentic Mexican fabric--
goes with my Texas theme and matches the red nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment