Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just when you think...

Just when you think you have reached your stress limit with the kids, they go and get all sweet again. I wonder if God created that mechanism on purpose? I have always said that the reason children are born as sweet little tiny babies is so that we fall in love with them and can remember those times when they are teenagers (not that teens are bad--I love teenagers--I was a youth pastor forever!). 

Well, after a weird and frustrating afternoon yesterday, the kids went down easily last night. I sang to Cupcake until she was ready to sleep, then we pray together. They slept until 7:30 am (gotta love the shorter days). And when she saw me get out of bed--she was standing by the gate in their room waving and say "hi." It was so sweet.

Then--they both ate breakfast! Good, good day. So far, the only spot of trouble was when Bubba accidentally head butted my knee cap. Now, he has a bit of black eye. Poor baby. But we had a nice cuddle and he's off playing again. Nothing phases that kid. 

Need to get to the store. I am out of flour so no baking today and I can't make any new play dough. 

Ladies camp meeting tonight. Oh boy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's what we did today! I was making tortillas and I ended up giving some of the dough to the kids to play with. They loved it! Then they would roll the dough out, have me cook it and then they would throw it to the dogs. LOL.

    ReplyDelete