Friday, March 12, 2010

Meet "Kitty"

We have a new puppy, her name is Kitty. Yes, that's right--Kitty. Cupcake named her. She is a 12 week old long haired Chihuahua and she is very sweet. Cupcake and Kitty are in love--that's for sure. Tonight when Cupcake finally went to bed, Kitty cried and cried for her. Now, Bubba is another story. He likes the puppy, but the puppy is not too sure about hanging out with the 1.5 year old. I don't blame her.

After a long day we went to the park. I made a video to share and then my computer ate it. The bad news--I am as fat as ever. I look terrible in it. I am still up about 26 lbs or 12 kg since my low weight last July. I can't believe. Not sure if it is my thyroid meds since my doctor has lowered it to its all time low since it was removed in 1999 or if it is because we haven't really exercised since we moved to our new house in September (too many hills, too far from the park, too far from the gym). I don't know, but I have to do something. I am tired of being fat. 

No news on the baby front. I didn't buy a PG test. I think I will wait until the end of the month. Sorry ladies. Still praying, as always.

Good news on our house. The church that owns it is in flux (pastor and congregation left the church--it had been dormant 17 years before this pastor came and they are all unhappy with the denomination). So, we have been given a lease through October of 2012. They will lower our rent weekly to reimburse us for putting up the fence that we want and they agreed to let us have a small dog! Yay! The pastor also said he wouldn't be surprised if by the time that our lease is up that the denomination would sell us our house for cheap.

This is a real answer to prayer, especially since we found out that we can't buy until I have my indefinite residency (which will be Feb. of 2012). We have been praying that we could stay in this house. It is new, sunny, warm, well insulated, etc. And the views are gorgeous. So we are really thanking God for answering our prayer in such a big way. Now just hoping we get the answer we want to our prayers for a baby.

2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD for that answer for you. What a relief! Am concerned about that other news and the denomination situation. The church I go to is awesome, and I want to be supportive of the staff... but I can't bring myself to do the membership thing. I keep thinking we are all members in Christ etc. ANNNND it just takes one corporate vote at the "top" to change church doctrine that had been in place for about forever, yk?

    Hmm.

    I am not sure why you want to change your citizenship, but then again, I can't say America is this perfect Utopia, either. Is it because you want to be able to say "it's not MY fault" whenever you go to the grocery store where you live? LOL

    Because when I lived in Aus. people wanted to chat with me about "your President," and I was ten. *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. C--you are so funny! I'm not changing my citizenship. In most countries in the world today you can maintain dual citizenship. That is my plan, but not what I was talking about. Before that can happen I have to have an "indefinite returning resident visa" which is just like a green card that never expires. Right now my visa is good for two years. They do this just to make sure we want to stay here.

    But when the kids and I have been here long enough to apply for citizenship--we will have dual citizenship. It just makes it easier to travel, move countries (if we wanted to), and it never requires further applications, etc. I think it is especially important for them to have dual citizenship because their father is a Kiwi and their mother is American.

    People still ask about "your president." The funny thing is that even with how much the Kiwis like to make fun on Americans--even they don't want to talk about BO now. The polish is off down here. Thank goodness. I got so tired of trying to pretend I was happy about the election. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete