Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Calm

It is Sunday noon time. The kids are napping. DH is napping. The puppy is somewhere not bothering me. So, I find myself with time and freedom to blog in the middle of the day. What a strange feeling.

DH leaves tomorrow for a week at school. I am not looking forward to it as I didn't handle it well last time he went away. We are just so close that when he is away I almost can't function. It so much what he does around her as it is missing him. My life doesn't make sense away from him. (I know--puke--but I can't help it, it's the truth.) I have a girl from church coming to spend the nights with me so at least I won't be alone--that will help. And I have three meetings next week--so I will be SUPER BUSY! Plus the new puppy. What was I thinking? Seriously. A 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old and a 12 week old Chihuahua puppy--it's a little bit crazy.

I did do a pregnancy test yesterday. I am not pregnant. Yet. But I am determined. I walk around telling myself "I am a fertile woman." It's not the Secret or any thing stupid like that--just positive thinking and speaking the blessings of Scripture over my body. We are created to be fruitful and multiply. So, I am claiming that and believing in the blessing.

Bubba has a a bit of a cold or allergies at the moment. So he stayed home with DH this morning while I took Cupcake to church with me. That was so nice. She stayed with me during the whole service and was very good. We had a great girly morning.

My mother emailed to say that someone from church had given her some Black Barbies for Cupcake. I had to have the Barbie talk with Mom. The one that goes something like this--"Thanks Mom for thinking of us, but we don't do Barbie in our house. Cupcake doesn't watch TV and doesn't know about Barbie. We just don't like the message Barbie sends little girls. We find that the Black Barbies are especially offensive as they have tons of makeup on and very little clothing...," etc. Not sure how Mom is taking it. But I have to remember that these are our children and we make the decisions as their parents on how to raise them. We will undoubtedly make mistakes, but it won't be because we haven't tried to do what we thought was right.

The fun never ends! Off to rest, do laundry, clean up the guest room, clean our room, pack for DH, load the car for DH, make dinner, play with the kids, play with the puppy...

2 comments:

  1. We tried for Woodjie for nearly a year. I don't *think* I'm infertile. It WILL BE if it is meant to be. (Easier said than done to rest in that; I KNOW!! But just FYI that I've dipped my toe into that "trying and failing" lake and it's doggone icky.)

    And on the Barbie...

    How else to put this? The "ethnic" Barbies look just like the white Barbies, but darker. They have no real "ethnic" features but darker hair and eyes. IMO if my child were dark, I would want a doll with more kinky hair and other features that would look more like my child.

    I don't think it's racist to talk of these things, but if you don't publish this, I will understand. People have made fun of these different features in the past and maybe it's a sore point the manufacturers want to avoid...

    Anyway... God's blessing to you. I still haven't figured out about Barbie. I don't like Barbie in that I think she needs to be more... normal looking in her body. I can sew less strumpety clothes myself, but her figure makes her look like a porn star.

    Um, again, if you don't want to publish this comment, I completely understand! I shock myself sometimes. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly why we don't like Barbie! She doesn't look like a real woman (ethnic or otherwise). Like we need one more thing in the world over sexualizing our little girls. That's my thing. I vote for dolls that look like normal people.

    ReplyDelete