Friday, May 7, 2010

Lemonade

Sometimes the Lord does help us make lemonade from the endless supply of lemons. Yes--we are those people who always seem to have one drama following the other. I don't know why. The poor woman who was waiting on us today to pick-up a tricycle we bought weeks ago, just had to laugh as I told her we were sitting at the hospital with our 1 year old son who had just eaten his grandmother's blood pressure pill. I told her that we would write a book about the drama, but no one would believe it. We had to cancel our last meeting with her, because our van broke down on the way to Auckland. Hopefully we will be able to pick-up the tricycle tomorrow.

More importantly, after 8 hours of observation Bubba is fine. He did eat the pill and he did experience a drop in blood pressure, but it was not significant and was coming up by the time they released us. They said because the pill was extended release and because he is a big boy, he did not have that immediate overdose experience. Had the pill been a non-extended release version things would have been much more serious. Praise God for small miracles!

So, Mom delayed her departure by 24 hours. Bless her heart. She couldn't leave without knowing that he was going to be alright. I don't blame her. It was so nice to know she was here with Cupcake and Nanna. Poppa took Auntie Liz to the airport. It was a long day for everyone. But the grandmothers really enjoyed their time with Cupcake. She is a sweetie when she wants to be. And DH and I just celebrated the life of our son all day long. I am so grateful that he is alive tonight and sleeping soundly.

Thank you for the prayers! I'm sure when the dust settles on Sunday I will be quite lonely in my quiet house.

1 comment:

  1. *whew* LOL She might be glad to go by the time the plane leaves. What drama! :(

    ReplyDelete