I think I am finally coming out of my flu daze. Starting to think and plan and clean again. That's nice. Except it feels as if I can't get my brain to turn off now. Feeling the need for a master plan.
Too much happens that I don't plan, don't have the resources for. Does that make sense? Yesterday it was January and we were on vacation. Today it is almost June and Bubba's second birthday. Where has the last six months gone? It's winter--already! Just when I feel ready to settle into winter it dawns on me that tomorrow it will be spring and I am so not ready for spring!
I want to do a raised veg garden this year. But there are things that will have to be planted at the beginning of spring or there is no point in planting them (like strawberries). So if I don't get busy soon, it will be summer and I won't have any veggies. The big concern comes from the fact that I haven't planned my garden so I have no idea how much it will cost and I haven't done anything over the last 6 months to save. We were saving for Mom's visit in April. That has come and gone and so has our savings. Now we are saving for our vacation in July. What I am thinking is that if we made a plan for a whole year at a time then I would have better idea of how to spend or save throughout the year.
Being fiscally responsible is sort of new to me and it still tends to sneak up and bite me in the butt. The reality is we don't have a lot of income here, but it is sufficient. We just have to be intentional about how we spend. And then stick to a plan.
That is a problem for us. If it weren't we wouldn't be overweight. I mean, if we had loads of self-control and the ability to follow through--we'd have gotten fit and healthy years ago and stayed that way. This makes me wonder if it is a spiritual problem.
My master plan also needs to include things like homeschool/pre-school for Cupcake, vacations, visitors, conferences, small groups, etc. We are so busy and it is far too easy to let things surprise you when you are up against a deadline. The nice thing about sending kids to structured school programs is that they come with a built in schedule. When you do it yourself, you have to build your own rough schedule. The same is true with planning vacations. Pastors don't get time off when everyone else does. DH is working during the big holidays (Christmas and Easter) so our time off happens during other parts of the year and we have to make our schedules accommodate everyone else when it comes to visits. It's hard. In some ways it was easier that first year here when we just let people come up whenever they wanted. We constantly had visitors, but we didn't have to plan much--they did it for us. No, that wasn't good either.
Okay--time to get busy. I have to put children to bed soon and I want to crochet my MIL a dish cloth to take back with them when they leave on Tuesday. Feeling a little bit bad (not really) for neglecting them during this visit, but they knew we were sick and recovering. Oh well. Now I just need time to sit down with DH and do some planning! That will take a plan in itself...
Too much happens that I don't plan, don't have the resources for. Does that make sense? Yesterday it was January and we were on vacation. Today it is almost June and Bubba's second birthday. Where has the last six months gone? It's winter--already! Just when I feel ready to settle into winter it dawns on me that tomorrow it will be spring and I am so not ready for spring!
I want to do a raised veg garden this year. But there are things that will have to be planted at the beginning of spring or there is no point in planting them (like strawberries). So if I don't get busy soon, it will be summer and I won't have any veggies. The big concern comes from the fact that I haven't planned my garden so I have no idea how much it will cost and I haven't done anything over the last 6 months to save. We were saving for Mom's visit in April. That has come and gone and so has our savings. Now we are saving for our vacation in July. What I am thinking is that if we made a plan for a whole year at a time then I would have better idea of how to spend or save throughout the year.
Being fiscally responsible is sort of new to me and it still tends to sneak up and bite me in the butt. The reality is we don't have a lot of income here, but it is sufficient. We just have to be intentional about how we spend. And then stick to a plan.
That is a problem for us. If it weren't we wouldn't be overweight. I mean, if we had loads of self-control and the ability to follow through--we'd have gotten fit and healthy years ago and stayed that way. This makes me wonder if it is a spiritual problem.
My master plan also needs to include things like homeschool/pre-school for Cupcake, vacations, visitors, conferences, small groups, etc. We are so busy and it is far too easy to let things surprise you when you are up against a deadline. The nice thing about sending kids to structured school programs is that they come with a built in schedule. When you do it yourself, you have to build your own rough schedule. The same is true with planning vacations. Pastors don't get time off when everyone else does. DH is working during the big holidays (Christmas and Easter) so our time off happens during other parts of the year and we have to make our schedules accommodate everyone else when it comes to visits. It's hard. In some ways it was easier that first year here when we just let people come up whenever they wanted. We constantly had visitors, but we didn't have to plan much--they did it for us. No, that wasn't good either.
Okay--time to get busy. I have to put children to bed soon and I want to crochet my MIL a dish cloth to take back with them when they leave on Tuesday. Feeling a little bit bad (not really) for neglecting them during this visit, but they knew we were sick and recovering. Oh well. Now I just need time to sit down with DH and do some planning! That will take a plan in itself...
I think you have a TON of self-control if you haven't popped certain people in the face. You're just not employing it in the right areas. :)
ReplyDeleteBut hey, who am I to talk? I'm in the boat with ya. I thought, though, that you WERE in fact saying NO to certain conferences and travelling? Did you change your mind?
Anyway... I get ya.